Absolute is operating as a recruitment agency for the supply of permanent opportunities.
Our customer is recruiting a Technical Illustrator to join them initially on a 6 month fixed term basis at their site in Newport.
The Company designs, manufactures and markets equipment for the global semiconductor and related industries, and provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. They provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing reticules, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays.
The Technical Illustrator will be responsible for the production of illustrations for the Technical and Installation manuals, created using company templates, to exacting standards. The Illustrator will work closely alongside Authors ensuring a coordinated output. For this position the Technical Illustrator will need to have experience of creating illustrations for medium to large scale electro/mechanical equipment and at least two years’ experience of using ISODraw, which is essential. Experience of Solid Edge, CorelDraw, PhotoShop, AutoCAD would also be useful.
Education (minimum): BTEC/Degree in an engineering/Design discipline.
Salary: C£35,000 based on experience.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applicants who apply to our vacancies, in certain instances this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful. We will retain your details on file and advise should alternative opportunities arise
Job title: Digital Communications assistant, Fixed term contract until 31st March 2021
Salary: 37 hours @ £8.75
Other benefits: Free British Cycling Gold Membership, Discounted Newport Live gym membership, Pension, Salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, Cycle to work scheme
Hours: 37 hours per week (full time) Evening and weekend work will be required
Location: Remote working in current situation, but office based at the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome of Wales, Newport
Annual leave: 27 days pro-rata + bank holiday
Welsh Cycling is the national governing body of cycling in Wales.
Cycling is more than a sport, everyday Welsh Cycling engage with the cycling community in Wales to help them grow and develop coaching, education and volunteer opportunities. We have a network of over 180 affiliated cycling clubs throughout Wales and recreation programmes, all supporting the local needs of cyclists; providing a social scene, events, rides and competitions.
We also work alongside British Cycling to increase our political influence, lobbying government to make a sustained and resolute commitment to improving conditions for cyclists.
It is essential that Welsh Cycling seizes the opportunity with which it has been presented to drive our strategy of ‘Fulfilling the potential of cycling in Wales’ through the following main outcomes:
* Leading – Creating the best environment to deliver the strategy
* Growing Cycling – More people cycling more often
* Performance in Cycling – A performance programme that maximises riders potential and delivers success
The current COVID-19 situation has momentarily changed the way we operate at the minute, the demands on our communications and marketing approach has increased.
Working alongside the Communications & PR Officer you will help progress multiples areas of the Welsh Cycling communications and business strategy. We have an opportunity for an ambitious, creative and motivated individual interested in communication, marketing, video marketing and PR to join our team.
* Help, develop and deliver:
* Welsh Cycling’s communication strategy to help us achieve our objectives
* Marketing plan to maximise potential to increase income.
* Plans with our commercial partners
* To assist the Communications & PR Officer to:
* Work with other Welsh Cycling departments to produce engaging content
* Monitor and evaluate social media / website analytics
* Support internal communications structures
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Help Communications & PR Officer to:
* Maintain strong relationships with current contacts in print, broadcast and online media, but to also identify new contacts
* Create, implement and market new campaign ideas which informs, promotes and educates people on Welsh Cycling.
* Update, create and post content on main website
* Create marketing, branding and design with external agencies
* Improve the Digital focus of the organisation – we are currently undertaking a lot of work on our communication strategy and a big part of that moving forward is improving the way we use video. To help with this, we want someone who can produce and edit engaging video content and understands how to tie in videography with our wider marketing and communication aims.
* Complete general communications duties, including helping draft press releases, content for the website
* Create a range of engaging and quality social media content for our social media channels with a big focus on digital content including video. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & LinkedIn) & Ability to take existing content / video footage to create new and exciting content for our social media channels. Is this internal
Applications close on the 3rd July at 1.00pm with interviews taking online place on the week commencing 13th July. To be considered please complete the application form and send a one minute video explaining why you would like to be considered for the role.
You can find the application form and more details about the job on our website by clicking the Apply button