Looking for a weekend - Site Manager
Location - Newport
Site - Fit out
Rate - £20ph
Duration - On-going
10 hours a day no breaks deducted
Working every other weekend - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Must have - SMSTS and 1st Aid
A highly successful and growing specialist engineering business is currently recruiting a Web Developer with good cloud apps experience to join their team.
The Web Developer will be responsible for the design and development of web based cloud systems.
The Web Developer will design, develop and deploy a database-driven ASP.NET/C# web application with a specific emphasis on usability, performance and scalability.
Experience with web systems development using Microsoft Visual Studio.
Application development on Windows platform using C++ or C#.
Experience of SQL Database design & implementation.
Experience of distributed processing systems over IP.
Strong understanding of internet communications protocols (TCP/IP, UDP etc.)
Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer
Research & Development
The V&V Engineer is responsible to the V&V Team Lead for executing allocated V&V Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the V&V Engineer is responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
Minimum level of education
Academic plus any additional education: Degree or equivalent Engineering experience
Other: Product related training relevant to area of expertise
Experience in another company, preferably also professional experience
Definition of the job
Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
Timely reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks and issues arising from allocated Work Packages
Taking technical and task leadership from Team Lead
Design, implementation and execution of allocated Verification and Validation activities for Software/Products/Systems to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
Communicating effectively with other team members
Being an effective and productive member of the team
Report to Team Leader
Support technical discussions with Customer
Co-ordinate own time management with regard to project task milestones
Co-ordinate own career development.
The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
To work on his/her allocated work package from concept to delivery
Needs to understand and apply general principles and experience to solve complex problems
Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues to do with V&V activities for the Product, System, or Service for which they are responsible.
Needs to organise and control their work to deliver the allocated project Work Packages on target
Needs to apply appropriate tools and techniques to design and develop tests and documentation to Airbus Defence and Space standards and specification requirements
Needs to manage own timekeeping with regard to task milestones
* Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
* Role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
* Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
* Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
* Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
* Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
Windows hosted software applications
* Embedded software applications
* TEMPEST approval of equipment
* CE approval of equipment
* Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
* Cyber Defence Systems/Services
* Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
* Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
* Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
* Good understanding of Configuration Control
* ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
* CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
* Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
* Special To Type Test Equipment (STTE) hardware, software and test data development/preparation
* Automated Testing Techniques
* Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
* ISDN Telecommunications equipment and network management
* TCP/IP network configuration and test
* Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
* Black box software testing
* EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
* Experience of formal Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS)
Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Rail
Working on The Greater Western (TGW) Overhead Line Electrification project.
You will manage the commercial and contractual control including the co-ordination for a section of a large project, involving a high degree of complexity change control and risk management.
* Cost Management
* Cost Reporting
* Complete Cost to completion
* Complete Subcontractor Application assessments
* Subcontractor Management
* Contract Administration
* Change Management
* Maximise Income
* Develop and manage Client and Supply Chain Relationships Knowledge & Skills:
* An understanding of Contract Law
* Detailed understanding of the ICC Conditions of Contract
* Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to use own initiative to solve problems
* Effective Negotiation skills
* IT Literate
* Accounts systems (Desirable: COINS, Oracle R12)
* Attention to detail
* Substantial experience in Quantity Surveying, ideally obtained in a similar environment
* Experience of financial and commercial control in a project environment
* Experience of dispute resolution
* Experience managing/supervising juniors
* Membership of a recognised Professional Institute (RICS/CICES) is desired
* BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management (or equivalent)
* MSc in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Disputes Resolution (or equivalent)
An attractive day rate is on offer.
For more information on this role and others please call (phone number removed) and speak to Dan Crowley at HeatherDaniel International
Verification & Validation Engineer
6 Months +
Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
Windows hosted software applications
Embedded software applications
TEMPEST approval of equipment
CE approval of equipment
Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
Cyber Defence Systems/Services
Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
Good understanding of Configuration Control
For more information please contact John Paul at Protec Technical Ltd
Love working outdoors ?
We are looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance operative to start work immediately, the role involves maintaining the clients commercial properties and sites to high visual standards on soft and hard landscaping schemes, the role is avaialble for an immediate start and will lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
You Must Have
Qualifications PA1 / PA6 or chemical spraying (desirable)
Some commercial Landscaping Grounds Maintenance experience
Used power tools, mowers, hedge cutters & strimmers
Experience in a similar role, preferably on commercial properties
Available for an immediate start
Mon to Fri
Guaranteed 50 hours per week
Some early starts
Unlimited overtime avaialble, all travel pick up/drop off arranged
Working for a large multi national established grounds maintenance company carrying out planned and reactive maintenance schedules/works
Driving between sites using hand held power tools provided to carry out the following duties and responsibilities, grass cutting, weeding, bedding, planting, spraying and other associated tasks maintaining all company equipment and kit
Working in a small team and with iniaitive
Some travel required to various clients and sites within the surrounding
areas meeting the customers needs
Will lead to a more permanent role for the right candidate
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location - Newport
You must live within a commutable distance of Newport
6 months Contract
Pay Rate £(Apply online only) Ltd
Brief Description of Role
Working on The Greater Western (TGW) Overhead Line Electrification project. You will manage the commercial and contractual control including the co-ordination for a section of a large project, involving a high degree of complexity change control and risk management.
• Cost Management & Cost Reporting
• Complete Cost to completion
• Complete Subcontractor Application assessments
• Subcontractor Management
• Contract Administration
• Change Management
• Maximise Income
• Develop and manage Client and Supply Chain Relationships Knowledge & Skills:
• An understanding of Contract Law
• Detailed understanding of the ICC Conditions of Contract
• Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to use own initiative to solve problems
• Effective Negotiation skills
• IT Literate
• Accounts systems (Desirable: COINS, Oracle R12))
Substantial experience in Quantity Surveying, ideally obtained in a similar environment
Experience of financial and commercial control in a project environment
Experience of dispute resolution 4. Experience managing/supervising juniors
Membership of a recognised Professional Institute (RICS/CICES)
Ideal Background Rail Sector experience (Desirable)
BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management (or equivalent)
MSc in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Disputes Resolution (or equivalent)
We are now in search of a talented Project Director to lead an upcoming project in South Wales. The director will have responsibility for the EPC delivery of a new build, Waste to Energy plant (£100m+) from design through construction, commissioning and handover.
* Overall co-ordination and management of the EPC contract. Undertake the duties and responsibilities as the named contractors’ representative under the main contract.
* Lead and direct the project team to ensure all works carried out and meet the contractual and regulatory requirements.
* Provide leadership, management and technical support to the project team.
* Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders including client, sub-contractors and consultants to ensure all works are contractually compliant.
* Ensure that all CDM processes, controls and responsibilities are properly administered for project wide adherence to the CDM regs.
* Report to the Harris Pye - Managing Director and Board of Directors, execute and undertake instructions when given.
* Profit & Loss responsibility. Manage financial aspects alongside project delivery. Monitor and report project progress to the Harris Pye board of Directors.
* Line management of 6-8 departmental heads within the Project team
* Identification and management of project and programme risks
* Review and approval of EPC payments
* Proven track record in leading & completing large-scale Waste to Energy projects domestically or internationally
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Training/Education
* Minimum of 15 years in relevant senior management positions with proven experience and responsibility for construction, design, finance, and management experience/knowledge required on waste to energy plants
* Thorough understanding of safety, construction, and industry practices and standards
* Superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential
* Excellent leadership and people management skills with ability to build, motivate, develop and manage team to achieve set goals and objectives
* Effective problem-solving skills
This is a senior level appointment and will require someone who can demonstrate similar experience in the Waste to Energy sector. The role will be initially offered as a 2-year contract but potential exists for a longer term appointment post construction.
Please send your CV through in the first instance, inclusive of salary expectation and availability
Network Design Engineer
The Network Design Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer and producing site specific Network Designs covering internal and external requirements for the implementation of the kit on to their allocated sites.
As a Network Design Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations. You will produce a BoM for new active equipment that meets your Site Specific Design criteria. You will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment. It will also be your responsibility to produce an As fitted pack based on the red line drawings submitted for the site and test results from the customer.
As a Network Design Engineer you will have to:
- Attend Site Survey Meeting
- Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
- Complete Site Specific Design documentation
- Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
- Perform active installation – includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
- Experience in writing/updating the configurations on switches and routers where faults are found
- Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
- Produce ‘As Fitted’ documents
- Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
Report to Technical Manager, taking technical and task leadership as appropriate.
Communicate effectively with team members.
Report progress on tasks as required to immediate supervisor or project manager.
Develop a trusting and professional relationship with QA representatives.
Make technical decisions within the build tasks, establishing the best solutions for the products in question.
Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a solution or system through testing that the solution meets the specification.
Be able to isolate and demonstrate failures in the product or system built, identifying likely causes and solutions.
Be capable of applying general principles and experience to solve complex problems.
Creation of network rigs in line with specifications.
A Technical qualification (CCNA) backed by several years’ experience in rolling out network solutions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
- Hold a current Cisco CCNA
- Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
- Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
- Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
- Currently hold Ministry of Defence Security Clearance to SC level or above
- Hands on recent experience of rolling out switches and routers to MoD sites
. Supporting certifications a bonus
Platform Resourcing have a new exciting opportunity for a Full Time Mechanical Assembly/Tester candidate to join a client business based in Newport, South Wales. This role would ideally suit a candidate from a engineering or manufacturing background. The client manufactures highly engineered bespoke products for a selection of high-profile global customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Experience in using a variety of hand held and pneumatic tools
* Testing of built units to conform with the necessary safety standards
* Ensuring that all work is completed to the highest of standards
* Visual inspection
* Working to time-framed KPI targets
* The ability to to follow engineering drawings
* Experience in producing finished items
* Working within a small team to achieve build target
* Use of FLT when required to move the raw and finished product
* Use of an overhead crane - Desirable but not essential
* Working to the local H&S standards
* Working the the quality standards
* Load, unload, store and package materials as needed
Salary: £8.83 per hour - Ongoing contract
Location: Newport, South Wales
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift Pattern: Days only Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.45pm Friday 8.00am - 12 midday
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency