The school would like to appoint a calm, assertive SEN teaching assistant to support a pupil in year 4 who has been diagnosed with ADHD. The pupil gets on well in the school and enjoys participating however they do need support and encouragement with learning.
The role is for the summer term, to start in April and will continue until the end of the academic year in July 2019. If you get on well the school would like you to continue into the next academic year in September 2019.
You will work under the direction of the class teacher and will be involved in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of pupil/s learning. You will also assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate) in the development of suitable programmes of support (IEPs). The role requires a responsible SEN teaching assistant who demonstrates a calm, confident, considered approach when supporting children.
This school is a bright, friendly, welcoming place to work and the team are incredibly welcoming new members of staff.
The school is looking for SEN Teaching Assistant who:
• Have previous experience working in schools
• Ideally you will have experience supporting children with ADHD
• Have a calm, assertive, considered approach – able to maintain clear boundaries
• You must be committed to the school and the pupils
This role requires someone who is:
• Confident interacting with children
• Able to manage small groups
• Excellent level of Grammar, English
• A friendly, positive personality
• Committed to a long term role
SEN Teaching Assistant
Chingford, Waltham Forest
The school offers
• A friendly welcoming environment
• The school is rated good by Ofsted
• Long term role
• £75 to £85 per day
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
The job role
Long term, 5 days per week
Term time only
£70 - £85 per day-based on skills and experience
8.30am – 4.30pm
Click ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as SEN Teaching Assistant, Waltham Forest Greater London, quoting reference (phone number removed)
Or for more information about the role, contact Maddy Watson on (phone number removed) /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer