The role will be supporting pupils with Autism and Complex Learning Difficulties. The school are looking for an individual who enjoys variety in their work life and thrives on team work.
The school concentrates on ensuring that the pupils all work to their own strengths and keep the classes small to a size of 5 pupils per class on an individual timetable. There are a lot of extracurricular activities involved, this might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities. You will help them to lead the life they choose. The school focuses on person centred support, tailored to individual’s needs.
There is also an opportunity of working 1:1 with pupils that you build a good relationship with to ensure that they get the best out of their lives. The students that need specialist 1:1 support look for patient and supportive staff members who are persistent to support them to learn. The children love routines and enjoy spending time in their classes as well as working in small intervention groups with speech and language therapists. The right person will need to show confidence and understanding that they are ready to build on a friendship with the students within the classroom and support them with their learning.
The current staff are fantastic and very engaging with the pupils and other staff members, the class teachers are full of ideas and will help the right person settle in well to the classroom
The Mentor would:
• Help all students enjoy their learning and get as much out of life as they can
• Improve countless young lives
• Identify challenges and ensure that the pupils learn
• Support pupils with communication skills in a classroom
• Help pupils develop their communication and life skills in a classroom
Salary and benefits
• Starting annual salary (before tax) – £15,600 (pro rota £18,560)
• Chance to increase to £17,550 after a period
• Work from 8.30am to 3.30pm (occasional 1 day till 3.55pm for meeting)
• Have the chance to become a teacher at the school
The Mentor we require should have:
• Experience working with pupils with special educational needs
• Team Teach Training is desired
• Experience in using behaviour techniques within a classroom
• Knowledge of teaching range Ks3 and Ks4.
• Must be Caring, Adaptable and highly intuitive
• Gain valuable experience planning and delivering lessons
• Work within a renowned special needs provision
• Work with extremely qualified senior staff
• Be supported by senior members of staff
• 6 Pupils with 3 Support staff and 1 HLTA in the classroom
• Ks4 and Ks5
Click ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as SEN Teaching Assistant in Waltham Forest, Greater London, or for more information about the role, contact Ilkan Pasa on (phone number removed) / OPTION 3 or We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer