Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Maintenance mechanical technician is responsible for mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of production line plant and equipment involved the manufacture of offshore equipment. This is to support a 24 hour production plant operation.MAIN DUTIES
· Service, maintain & repair production plant and equipment
· Repair of plant and equipment to ensure minimum downtime to production
· Fault finding and diagnose problems with production line plant
· Working with Manufacturing Engineers to install new and replacement plant and equipment.
· Record maintenance activities carried out plant and equipment.
· Calibration of plant and equipment within ISO 9001 standards
· Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with safety and quality procedures, risk assessment and safe systems of work.
· Assisting electrical engineers to carry out their tasks when required.
· To maintain a safe & tidy working environment.
· Must be prepared to work on a rotational shift pattern
· 24 hour call out support when requiredQualificationsRequired:
· Must be time a served engineer with minimum 5, ideally 10 years relevant experience.Desirable: ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.ExperienceRequired: · Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
· Working knowledge of Pumps and vacuum systems
· General factory mechanical machinery, plant & equipment
· Extensive practical experience in a similar role.Desirable: · Experience of maintaining & servicing rotational machines,.Skills/TrainingRequired: · Relevant health and safety training.
· Good diagnostic/fault finding skillsDesirable: · Welding- electric arc/MIG/TIG
· Plant and equipment calibration