MMP are currently looking for an experienced Collections Officer to work within a housing association in South East London.Pay: £23.95 Ltd p/hMain Duties:• Ensure that the organisation achieves its strategic objectives of minimising arrears, increasing cash collection whilst minimising evictions
• Communicate with tenants, management, staff and other stakeholders to high levels of satisfaction.
• Embed a customer first culture that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do
• Be the first point of contact for effectively managing tenant arrears with a strong focus on income collection maximisation and customer relations
• Exhausting a set of agreed policies and procedures and through using data to ensure the delivery of a rent collection and arrears service which meets targets whilst helping customers to manage debtKey Requirements• Experience Collections Officer
• Experience in a social housing environment-preferably housing association
• GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent
• Experience of providing rent arrears management and a good understanding of complex arrears issues and legislation affecting this, including the litigation process.
• Understanding of legal proceedings for rent arrears