An IT Analyst is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.Are you experienced in an IT role? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced environment? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!* This position is for an IT Analyst III design/implementation and support engineer. Primarily providing remote network support services to the companu’s Facilities in Europe, Asia and the Middle East (EAME) and globally when required.
* The position will report to the EAME Network services supervisor, based in the UK.
* The job will involve developing Local Area Network designs, building the configurations following the company’s standards and then deploying those designs.
* Providing adhoc remote support for network related incidents as and when required.
* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent as well as at least 3 years’ experience of Cisco network technologies.
* Cisco CCNA qualification is required and any CISCO qualification above will be a significant plus.
* Some travel will be expected as part of the role including implementations in other countries within the region, relevant expenses will be covered as required and a valid UK driving License is required.
* English is the required language but working with the regional team involves many countries, so a second language is an advantage.
* The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently and as part of a regional or global team, on assigned projects ensuring that company standards are adhered to and must show strong collaboration skills with remote team members based around the globe.
* The successful candidate will also have some knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to manage small network related projects as well as actively participate as a member of larger project teams.
* There is an expectation that some out-of-hours work will be required so flexibility will be expected, joining the on-call rotation for 1 week every 2 months.In addition to the general outline above demonstrable skills in the following areas will be needed.
Cisco familiarity including:-* IOS upgrade, WLC controller configuration
* Cisco Router and Switch configuration
* Familiarity with firewall design
* Understanding of related technologies (DNS, DHCP etc.)
* Fault finding skills
* Good documentation skills
* Basic Knowledge of a Ticketing software (Remedy/Peregrine).
* Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Putty, and other Network toolsThis is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business