Principal Engineer-Controls & Automation
Job Title: Principal Engineer-Controls & Automation
Rate: Up to £31.81 Ph Ltd/Umbrella Company
Employment Type: Contract – initially approx. 10 months
Hours: Standard 40 Hours Per Week
The role is the Principal Engineer responsible for Controls and Automation, equipment selection and specification, installation management & supervision and commissioning, covering all aspects from the control system architecture design, control panel distribution and cabling strategy, software design strategy through to installation standards and commissioning, project management and supervision of turnkey projects
Responsible for the development of the Controls & Automation strategy and specification and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums. The strategy will be developed to include, but not limited to: - Electrical Design Project & Site Management, Electrical Manufacture & Installation, Electrical Commissioning, Spares Strategy, Maintenance Strategy, Innovation People
* Substantial demonstrable experience in LV distribution, the design, installation and commissioning of such systems
* Substantial demonstrable experience in small power, the design, installation and commissioning of such systems
* Substantial demonstrable experience in Lighting, the design, installation and commissioning of such systems
* Comprehensive knowledge of the latest electrical regulatory and statutory regulation, the likes of IEE Wiring Regulations, PUWER, etc.
* Substantial experience of electrical design in: LV distribution systems and small power, lighting and the associated control systems
* Substantial experience of electrical project & site management.
* Familiar with running large and complex electrical projects to a very tight timescale and to high standards of site installation
* Substantial experience of electrical project commissioning.
* Familiar with commissioning and handing over large and complex electrical projects in a manufacturing environment.
* Achieving throughput metrics and quality standards
* Comprehensive knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations and holding a Regulations + Test and inspection certificate
* Holding a current HV certificate.
* Qualified to Authorized or Senior Authorized to isolate HV supplies
* Experience in Automation & Control systems including PLC and SCADA systems
* Experience in CE marking of design and product
* Experience of acting as the Principal Contractor and a full understanding of the responsibilities under this role
* Experience in HV distribution, the design, installation and commissioning of such systems
* Experience to design deliver and maintain Building Management Systems (BMS), outside of SCADA or Facmon