Project OfficerDuration: 6 monthsThe role of Project Officer provides support to a range of deliverables across multiple Manufacturing task areas and can provide a stepping stone for further progress within a project management environment.The Project Officers support the Heads of Manufacturing and Production Project Managers across multiple projects and sites as required, providing delivery of the following:
• Maintenance and regular reporting of project Key Performance Indicators.
• Act as an interface within Manufacturing to help ensure programme delivery, quality and cost.
• Provide, understand and present information at internal reviews and meetings.
• Assist the team with Risk and Opportunity management.
• Assist in the compilation of Manufacturing estimates and Cost at Completions.
• Assist in the compilation and analysis of workload forecast.
• Compilation and maintenance of project programmes and schedules.
• Maintain and improve the interface with internal customers and external departments.
• Some travel between sites will be required.Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
• Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise as well as manage day-to-day tactical decisions.
• A clear, strong and effective communicator.
• Numerate and confident with basic mathematics
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the basic application of Project Management skills at an assistant level.
• Computer literacy - basic but proven skills required in MS Word, spread sheets, presentations and planning tools. Experience with SAP materials management system and Primavera 6 planning tool is preferred but not essential.The Project Officer role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance