Operational Commissioning Manager - Interim
An Interim Operational Commissioning Manager is required to manage a small team of Operational Commissioning Officers to oversee a range of commissioning, procurement and contracting activities for Adult and Children's Social Care including residential, nursing, extra care, supported living, education, fostering services and Post 16 provision.Develop and implement strategic approaches across the Council, enabling effective commissioning and improved outcomes for children, adults and the wider community.Attend key forums to capture information about adults, children becoming looked after and young people leaving care.Work with colleagues within Strategy and Commissioning to develop a framework for engaging with market providers to ensure they are responding effectively to needs our adults, children and young people present.Improving organisational understanding of needs and performance, resulting in targeting resources and priorities for development and driving our improvement.Lead the commissioning process for more complex cases and groups of service users e.g. services for people with autism, people with forensic need, short break care, day opportunities, supported lodgings, transition, looked after children.To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:* A sound knowledge of the current market environment, experience of contracting and monitoring provision as well as knowledge of the current statutory processes as they relate to adults, children in care and young people leaving care.
* Experience of communicating effectively with service providers and stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to use information to inform and direct commissioning across the Directorate to improve outcomes for adults and children. In addition to leading and co-ordinating a range of activities including placement finding, quality assurance and compliance. They will work closely with colleagues from across the Directorates as well as outside the Council including the CCG, voluntary and independent sector providers.
* Negotiation skills - a solution focused approach to service delivery and work well autonomously and as a leader of a team.
* Substantial experience of commissioning, managing services and complex projects including performance and contract management.
* Operational and strategic policies and procedure development
* Experience of managing and developing staff and managing budgets - this role has x 5 direct reports and oversees an overall team of x 5 FTE.
* Strong knowledge of adult and children's social care commissioning and understanding of the social care provider marketThis interim position is offered initially at 3 months with a possibility of extension. If you have the skills and experience detailed above please apply now.Zoon Link is operating as an Employment Business for this vacancy