SEN T.A With Manual Handling Training
PK education are supporting an SEN School in Birmingham in their search for 6 SEN Teaching Assistants with Manual Handling Training . Teaching Assistants are extremely respected and key to the overall learning and development of pupils. The positions would suit individuals who are seeking a challenging, professional, enjoyable, and rewarding experience.We are currently recruiting for Teaching assistants. Some of our SEN Schools have students with disabilities of a nature that would involve assisting with personal care.This school caters for children aged 5-19 pupils that have complex needs including physical needs. They are currently recruiting for several support assistants and teaching staff who must have manual handling training.The roleYou will have a varied and rewarding position within the School. Your job title will be SEN TA and your duties will include.* One to One Support - Supporting Students with a variety of Special Education Needs.
* Working with students with ASD, MLD, PMLD.
* On occasions providing personal care for the students.
* Assistant Class Teacher with Behaviour Management.
* Liaising with Parents and Teachers regarding student progress.
* Working with Children aged 5 - 19 Years Old.The ideal candidate should have the following:* Level 3 qualification: Supporting Learning in Schools (or equivalent course).* Or level 6 qualification: Childhood Studies degree (or equivalent course).* Experience working with SEN students.* Flexible and available for full time work.* Current, valid DBS (update service).* Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies* Manual Handling TrainingThe ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:* The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.* Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.* Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.* Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.Salary and Benefits:* Competitive rates of pay from between £8 and £11 per hour (AWR Compliant).* 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.* Exposure and networking opportunities with associated schools.Working with Special Educational needs is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude.For any information and to apply please contact Kirsty on (Apply online only) Or email kirsty