Technical Manager - Platform Services
Technical Manager – Platform Services
- Up to £850 per day
- 6 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Technical Manager – Platform Services. The main purpose of the role is to manage the Enterprise Platform Systems team to provide infrastructure services to End Users meeting Service Level Agreements as appropriate.This role provides 3rd line services predominantly and project delivery services. For example, projects involving Network Services (such DNS, DHCP, etc), IAAS, PAAS and SAAS, etc.) These are exciting times for the company, currently midway through a Migration project for a Data Centre Transition and Transformation programme and to deliver a successful programme we are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Team Leader to lead our global EPS Infrastructure team with an immediate start. Enterprise grade technology, practices and frameworks are being introduced as part of the transformation of our existing infrastructure from our current location to a new Data Centre Co-Lo(s). Our strategy is to move our services to Cloud first and where this is not possible, keep services on -premise. This is a global programme of works with locations in NAM, UK & APAC. Each region will be managed in waves with the UK and NAM being managed as Wave 1 and has a tight deadline of all services being moved to the new landing zone (hybrid of on-premise and cloud) by end of September. Wave 1 is very much underway with Wave 2 planned to commence in 2019. There are a number of services where may have become legacy and require an upgrade or services that have become inactive and have never been decommissioned. The controlled decommissioning of services will need to be managed in a controlled manner. To be successful you will need to be resilient, enthusiastic and driven in order to help transform our service. Along with strong people management and communication skills, you will need to have broad, strong technical knowledge gained from hands-on experience. Reporting to and working with the Director Infrastructure Operations, you will set new standards, establish processes and procedures, and deliver a great customer experience. You will provide direction and guidance to the EPS team who will are the SMEs involved in BAU activities and the Migration project. You will directly manage, coach and mentor Infrastructure engineers in the UK, India and US, whilst being a key member of the project team. You will also form strong relationships with key partners and suppliers. This a role primarily based in our HQ in Cambridge however you can expect some travel to our offices in Austin Texas and office in Banaglore, India. To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills:- Previous Management or Team Lead experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of Cloud Services – Azure, AWS, etc
- A good understanding of Networking
- Accredited to at least ITIL V3 Service Management Foundation and other technical qualifications are desirable
- Strong attention to detail; you will be hard working, and have the confidence to play a major role within a fast changing business.
- You will be well organised and able to prioritise work effectively.
- You must have experience of taking ownership of the delivery of the service.
- 5+ years’ current hands on experience of infrastructure services, common Microsoft technologies, virtualization, cloud, vendor management, etc
- Full ability of First Line Management skills: Planning and Assigning Work, Motivating, Coaching and Measuring of teams
- Planning and organisation skills, experience of running 6-12 month long infrastructure projects in Agile and Waterfall environments with multi-disciplined resources across all IT technical components areas.
- You must have experience managing and motivating technical teams made up of internal and external parties