Commercial Assistant / Billings Clerk
Job Title: Commercial Assistant / Billing Clerk
Salary: £13 - £14 + DOE
Location: HounslowMy client, a social housing main contractor to a local authority are currently looking for a Commercial Assistant / Billing Clerk.
The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with high volume of invoices, SOR or NHF code experience, pricing chargeable jobs, excellent IT skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a pressurized environment. You will also be required to liaise with engineers regarding costings of the works implemented along with liaising to different levels of the business and clientMain Duties include (but not limited to):
- Handling a growing backlog of reactive / planned works; assessing these jobs to determine if the repair has made a profit or loss to the business
- If required and if possible, change some processes of the repair to make the repair profitable
- Working with SOR (Schedule of Rates) codes on a daily basis.
- Converting repairs in costings to assess in greater detail
- Generating reports to provide managers and clients of the progress of works
- Liaising with engineers regarding their current repairs or recently completed repair to assess what materials and equipment have been used. Later pricing up this repairs to assess further.Essential requirements:
- SOR (Schedule of Rates) coding experience is essential
- Experience handling invoices on a daily basis
- Working with repairs. Assessing if there is a profit or loss.
- Excellent IT skills are essential.
- Self-starter and willing to apply themselves to new tasks