A growing digital transformation agency is looking to appoint multiple DevOps Engineers for an exciting and long-term technology transformation in South London for a central government department.This is a long-term opportunity for 12 – 24 months working in a very fast paced agile environment that is ideal for someone with a can-do attitude. Your skills will really sharpen as you will be exposed to multiple work streams and new technologies. The company offer a very competitive day rate that can be discussed on application.
As a DevOps Engineer, your main duties will include:- Fully participating in the agile processes of the team in which you are placed including attendance at team stand-ups, planning sessions and other agile ceremonies.
- Delivering embedded support to multiple work streams and beyond as determined by priorities.
- The delivery of Continuous improvement in the level and quality of automation used.
- Automating the configuration and management of project infrastructure according to “Infrastructure as Code” principles.
- Resolution of automation problems with regard to continuous integration and continuous delivery as defined in team backlogs
- Pushing the programme's projects through the entire pipeline, from initial code merge, through continuous integration to final testing stages.
- Promoting successfully tested releases to a production environment.
- Helping to create code tests and designs which conform to current pipeline standards.
- Maintaining and improving the current software delivery pipeline. To be a successful DevOps Engineer, you will have the following skills and experiences:- Previous experience working within a Development/Operational environment.
- Good Java and or Java Script knowledge.
- Previous experience with orchestration tooling including Ansible, Terraform and Docker and a proven track record of delivering automated services.