HGV Driver - Highways
Smart City Recruiters Ltd are currently looking to recruit a HGV Class 2 Driver to work with our client on various Highway contracts across the UK.
The HGV Driver ensures that the HGV is operated safely whilst supporting the Civils/Groundworks teams.
* Deliver and collect materials to and from our teams.
* MUST be willing to work away
* Ensure the safety of members of the public and operational staff whilst the HGV is operating.
* To assist with the backfill of pipe excavations and trenches in the highway.
* To assist with signing, lighting, and guarding of works.
* To remove construction waste materials to recycling centres and clear sites of debris.
Required Skills and Experience:
To be reliable and punctual with good communication skills to ensure team and customer services delivered.
Have a Full UK Driving Licence with class 2 licence and Digi-tacho card and a Grab ticket would be an advantage.
To be physically fit and good with your hands as these roles can be physically demanding, involve bending, lifting and manual handling. However, much of the work will be carried out by mechanical equipment to assist with this.
To respect the rules laid down for working safely. Ensuring you can follow process and comply with the requirements of the work, including the wearing of PPE.
Be prepared for outdoor working conditions which may be wet and dirty.
To understand that working hours and travel are not always predictable as things do go wrong, you need to be adaptable and flexible, paid overtime working will be required.
For more information, please email your up-to-date CV