Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer- Java, Mission PlanningExperienced Java Software Engineers required for a number of project and product development projects, in particular a suite of Mission Planning Products are required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Yeovil.This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.Overview of the Java Software Engineer contract roleThe Mission Planning products use an intuitive interface to allow war fighters to plan, brief, rehearse, execute and debrief missions from full force through to individual sorties. For operations as diverse as fixed wing strike, attack helicopters, maritime attack, reconnaissance, autonomous aircraft and support helicopters, the products integrate all sources of Mission Planning and support information.The planning suite is hosted within a single processor system, developed on a modular basis and written in Java. Within this integrated system the full range of operations, detailed multi-platform tasks with complex mission constraints through to short notice Combined Operations can be rapidly performed and updated.Software Engineers engaged on the project will be involved in design, implementation and low level testing tasks.Key skills required for the Java Software EngineerA well rounded background in Software Engineering is required, with a proven ability to deliver against tight timescales. Candidates who can demonstrate capability and experience in some of the following key areas are required.* Design using UML
* Java development for Desktop and Web applications
* Web development utilising JSP, HTML, CSS and SQL.
* Apache Webserver and Tomcat.
* Use of the Eclipse IDE and RCP framework.
* Experience of OO development.
* Working in a team using the AGILE/Scrum process.
* Good communication and time management skills.Additionally candidates with experience of Software Test Development and Execution may also be considered for more specialised test design and execution tasks.It would be an advantage, though not a necessary requirement, to have some knowledge of the military Mission Planning Domain.In addition candidates should have experience and skills in more than one of the following tools and techniques:Experience of Java is essential. Knowledge of other languages such as Ada, C++, C#, SQL is also useful* Configuration/Change Control tools
* Software/System Requirements capture, Analysis and Tracking
* DOORS or other Requirements management toolsThe role is based in Yeovil, Somerset - commutable from Bristol, Bath, Trowbridge, Warminster, Frome, Salisbury, Blandford Forum, Dorchester, Weymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bridgwater and Weston-Super-Mare.If you are a Java Software Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Paul Scott on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information. Outsource. Our People. Your Success.Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).Please visit our website (url removed)