Head of Major Projects
We are looking for a Head of Major Projects with significant senior level experience in Construction management/Property Services/Life cycle planning. You will have a Professional accreditation/membership of an industry organisation (eg RICS, RIBA, CIBSE, CIOB), a relevant Project Management qualification & ideally be NEBOSH or equivalent.
Other relevant required experience:
* Commercial experience including procurement and management of construction contracts
* Ability to lead and influence senior stakeholders, relationships at Ministerial and Director General level
* Excellent leadership, management, communication, presentational and influencing skills
* Be an effective communicator, collaborator and change agent and possess the appropriate business acumen to meet or exceed the needs of the Authority.
* A successful track record in construction/refurbishment project management against set delivery objectives
* Proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost effectiveness
* Strong financial acumen, with ability to forecast, prepare and manage large budgets
* Good understanding of the business context of DWP
* Self-motivated, diligent and accurate, able to work under pressure to meet project demands, and able to respond with urgency to solve problems as they emerge, through effective communication and coordination with the wider project team, support functions and supplier partners.
* Acknowledged by peers as a leader who can manage and motivate teams with a diverse range of skills and objectives across multiple locations.
* In depth knowledge of supplier and contract management
* Proven experience in developing business cases and approvals processes
* An understanding Health and Safety in complex operating structures
* Knowledge of risk management, governance arrangements, control procedures & audit processes
* Excellent change management leadership skills and experience of steering an organisation through substantial change. In particular, strong communications and staff engagement skills
* Develop an in-depth insight into the dynamics and issues surrounding the Department and Government. Understanding, political, economic, social, environmental and technological impacts.
* Develop departmental or functional strategies and priorities while considering a wide range of political and national pressures.
* Create a culture of innovation, flexibility and responsiveness enabling the team and partners to respond swiftly to change.
* Manage and mitigate evaluated risks and options when making decisions.
* Ensure there is the infrastructure to support varied communication methods which consider the individual needs of people when deciding how to communicate.
* Overcome objections to gain acceptance of the agreed strategies and plans widely, using your influence to make a positive difference internally and externally.
* Confront issues and challenge assumptions at the highest levels, no matter how uncomfortable, in an assertive yet constructive way.
* Develop and maintain an organisational commitment to empowering individuals to take responsibility for their own learning, whilst taking a strategic perspective to identify the capability needs of the organisation now and in the future.
* Establish and negotiate service levels and deliverables with delivery partners at a broad strategic level, promoting delivery with value for money, emphasising how all parts of the delivery chain will fully understand the required outcomes for the customer.
* Define and integrate clear structures, systems and resources across the Department which promote efficient service delivery.
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you