IT Transformation Programme Manager – HO Live Services
An SC cleared IT Transformation Programme Manager is required by the Home Office for a 263-day contract based at Lunar House, Croydon. This role includes travel to other HO sites across the UK.**The client has stated that this role is "IN-SCOPE" for the Off-Payroll Worker legislation - Maximum day rate: £850 Umbrella / £754 for PSC - Deemed PAYE **The Home Office is consolidating a number of service providers (Internal and External) into the central Live Service function. In turn the central Live Service function is undergoing a major transformation. The Programme Manager will run a series of projects to transition and integrate service, knowledge, people and process into the central function, whist maintaining agreed levels of service and support to the client functions.Key responsibilities:* Mobilise and build required programme capability throughout programme execution, providing leadership to project and programme based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
* Establish and foster a highly collaborative, constructive and engaging culture within the LST2 programme. Empower individuals and develop the team towards becoming a High Performing Team (HPT)
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively manages the stakeholder expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
* Shaping and planning of the programme including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project, programme or portfolio schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
* Define work packages to provide a clear articulation of how programme products will be produced, these to include; approach, resources, timeframes and outputs. Pro-active management of internal and external key programme controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.Key tasks:* Delivery of programme structure and strategy
* Creation and delivery of Programme plan including the agreed scope, work stream/work packs and to budget
* Prioritisation of transition activities and functions across multiple delivery projects.
* Creation and mitigation of the Programme RAID log
* Delivery of Programme communications plan
* Delivery of against reporting schedule and governance structure
* Mapping, tracking of dependencies between the Transition Programme and other change programmes being executed across the Home OfficeEssential experience:* Demonstrable experience of Transforming a Live Service or IT Operations function within a major central government department, ideally the Home Office.
* Significant and demonstrable programme IT transformation delivery in excess of £10m.
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to translate and understand complex business requirements.
* Qualifications and experience in implementing ITIL
* Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills.
* SC - Security clearance must be held prior to the start of this role