Test Laboratory Engineer -34081- up to £22.06/hr - Vehicle
A Test Lab Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.The team forms the backbone of internal test and development capability and is responsible for a wide and diverse range of activities including Structural Test, Vehicle Safety Test, Road Load Data, Climatic Test, NVH and Electrical Test.The department operates at 2 sites and is responsible for the delivery of physical testing, which forms the foundation of the vehicle verification processes. The safe and effective operation, maintenance and development of these advanced facilities is essential in delivering robust test services to engineering functions throughout PD and the wider business.The Structural Test Laboratory team requires a driven, determined and enthusiastic individual who excels in a demanding yet rewarding engineering environment. The individual must possess both technical aptitude and outstanding organisational and project management skills. You will be expected to take a lead role in the planning and delivery of technical, automotive based test projects from requirement capture to the handover of results to key internal customers and stakeholders.A quality focused approach will be necessary at all times as will the ability to deliver against challenging time scales. As well as the execution of test projects, the individual will have the opportunity to demonstrate their talent through people, process and technology improvement activity with a view to advancing the department's capabilities. Continued professional development is also encouraged and facilitated.Skills Required:3 KEY SKILLS1 Project Management Engineering
2 Test Experience
3 Basic Automotive KnowledgeKey Account abilities and Responsibilities* Management and delivery of allocated test projects.
* Coordination of critical internal engineering service providers i.e. rig design, instrumentation, data analysis, fitting team etc.
* Preparation of test specimens.
* Maintain continued running of various whole vehicle and sub system level test rigs.
* Regular recording of detailed test progress logs.
* Regular inspection and issue logging for test specimens.
* Resolution or escalation of test issues.
* Generation and archiving of quality test reports and results.
* Adherence to facility management processes such as Total Productive Maintenance, Calibration and 5S.
* Identify, own & support departmental capability improvement activity.Experience Required:Practical experience of working in an engineering test environment.
Basic understanding of automotive architecture.
Proven history of project management i.e. requirements capture & scoping, planning, delivery, management & control and product/result handover (reporting).
Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
Good verbal and written communication.
Good IT skills (MS Office).
Adaptable to changing circumstances, working requirements and environment.
Drive and motivation to achieve with a proven ability to influence others.To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham