Information Assurance Practitioner
Information Assurance PractitionerThis position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world-renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there's the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.The Role
* Provide IA guidance, advice and policy as an integrated member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Accept ownership of, and responsibility for, all aspects of IA within a specified area of responsibility.
* Provide IA guidance and support to design activities through the provision of general consultancy to the Engineering and Supply Chain disciplines.
* Provide IA guidance and support to Suppliers through the provision of general consultancy as required.
* Produce IA documentation, to include full Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) as necessary.
* Be accountable to the Whole Boat IA Lead for ensuring that the IA analysis in terms of the breadth, depth and methods applied is appropriate, economical and reflects the BIL of the systems in question.
* To deliver activities and milestones in accordance with plan.
- RMADS (to include IS1 calculations and mitigations).
- IA guidance documents to internal and external customers
- Regular progress reports as necessary.
- Written and verbal analysis of technical problems and potential solutions.The Person
* CESG Certified Professional (CPP) Practitioner level or higher preferred
* Recent experience in the conduct of Product IA work against a JSP440 and SPF requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of RMADS against a JSP440 requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of IS1 calculations and the corresponding mitigations.
Direct responsibility for the accreditation of at least one HMG project in the last five years.
* Five years' experience of Information Assurance work in the Government Sector (Defence, Police, Home Office, Health); Preference will be given to work in the Defence Sector.
* A sound knowledge of HMG policies, to include: JSP440, SPF, CESG IA Portfolio.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* The ability to write accurately, concisely and logically.
* The ability to influence others in a challenging environment.
* Experience of 'Industrial Control Systems' such as 'SCADA' would be beneficial.The Package
* Rate: £96.78 LTD per hour
* Location: Cumbria
* Duration: 12 MonthsAPPLY NOW
* To apply for the position of Information Assurance Practitioner, please send your CV to Alex Collins at
* Alternatively, if you know anyone suited for the job please feel free to follow this link (url removed)View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedInJAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position