Information Assurance Practitioner
This leading organisation is actively seeking an Information Assurance Practitioner to join their company working on an initial 12-month contract based at their site in Cumbria.The Role:* Provide IA guidance, advice and policy as an integrated member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Accept ownership of, and responsibility for, all aspects of IA within a specified area of responsibility.
* Provide IA guidance and support to design activities through the provision of general consultancy to the Engineering and Supply Chain disciplines.
* Provide IA guidance and support to Suppliers through the provision of general consultancy as required.
* Present at reviews, working groups and other meetings in support of IA work.
* Review IA deliverables from suppliers and provide constructive feedback.
* Conduct HMG-approved Risk Calculations and establish relevant, pragmatic and cost-effective mitigation actions.
* Produce IA documentation, to include full Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) as necessary.To be successful in the role of Information Assurance Practitioner:* CESG Certified Professional (CPP) Practitioner level or higher preferred
* Recent experience in the conduct of Product IA work against a JSP440 and SPF requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of RMADS against a JSP440 requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of IS1 calculations and the corresponding mitigations.
* Direct responsibility for the accreditation of at least one HMG project in the last five years.
* Five years' experience of Information Assurance work in the Government Sector (Defence, Police, Home Office, Health); Preference will be given to work in the Defence Sector
* A sound knowledge of HMG policies, to include: JSP440, SPF, CESG IA PortfolioCompany Information:This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their world-renowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, there's the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.To Apply:If you are interested in this role of Information Assurance Practitioner please send your CV to Alex Collins via the apply button! Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedInJAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position