Site Engineer (Process Mechanical)
Site Engineer (Process Mechanical) NG Bailey is the UK’s leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence. We offer integration from the outset of a project, from planning and design through the supply chain, to offsite manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance. Position: Site Engineer (Process Mechanical)
Job Type: Full Time, 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Benefits: a competitive salary, company car, private healthcare, generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and a range of other benefits. About the role: We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Site Engineer to be responsible for high integrity complex piping systems on a critical project in Cumbria. The position is based on-site and is an 18 month fixed term contract. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the workforce, both directly employed and sub-contracted, are effectively managed to maximise productivity and achieve demanding project deadlines to the highest quality standards. Responsibilities: - Develop installation drawings and implement construction techniques to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager to identify labour requirements and ensure cost effective use of the same, reviewing regularly in line with the programme.
- Demonstrate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the company safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities and ensure all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal regulations and external legislation.
- Maintain positive relationships with the customer through efficient delivery of the project to optimise future opportunities and profitability.
- Manage the workforce on the project to ensure the required standards of timekeeping, absence and behaviours are met. About you: - To be considered for this role you will have previous experience of working in a highly regulated industry preferably on nuclear licensed sites.
- Experience of working within oil and gas, pharmaceutical and power generation industries is also appropriate.
- You should have experience of working on high pressure process gas systems and be familiar with working to the most stringent working practices and quality standards.
- Familiarity of working on seawater systems and with welded stainless-steel pipework would be an advantage.
- Current NVS SC clearance is desirable although not essential and all applicants must be British nationals and must not hold dual nationality. You may have experience of the following: Site Engineer, Site Supervisor, H&S, Engineering Supervisor, Health and Safety, Engineer, Engineering, Project Management, etc. This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications