Customer Service Advisor
We would like the Customer Service Centre Advisor who applies to have previous Contact Centre experience and Council Tax, Residents Parking.
Working from home is mandatory and their internet connection should be very good/ excellent (reliable).
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To provide a welcoming courteous and helpful service to customers visiting the Customer Service Centre (CSC); confidentially dealing with complex queries primarily related to Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Housing Needs, Parking and Planning.
Working within Council policies and procedures, the post holder will respond to customer enquiries in a professional manner contributing towards the Department’s aims and objectives.
1. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
· Answering queries from residents and other customer groups, proving a high quality and accurate service, meeting agreed performance standards. To be fully conversant with all legislative or statutory provisions and the Council’s key policies, processes and procedures across a range of services and able to explain these to customers in plain English and without technical jargon.
* To act in a meet and greet role covering self service area and main reception as required. Signposting customers to relevant services or self service area (where applicable).
* To provide coaching and guidance to customers using online services.
* Verify documents in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Responding positively to enquiries made by customers, dealing with difficult or sensitive enquiries and complaints in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
* Give unwelcome information in a balanced way, explaining why it’s not possible to fulfil the customer’s request or expectation. Help the customers to consider alternative course of action where appropriate.
* To be vigilant and aware of what is happening in the CSC and liaise closely with the security presence when necessary.
* Enabling customers to access services using a variety of communication methods e.g. British Sign Language video link and language interpreters
* To be knowledgeable of both internal and external support the Local Authority has to offer (such as Social Services and Citizens Advice Bureau).
* To work within the Council’s financial regulations and audit requirements when taking payments
* To comply with the Councils Health and Safety Policy
* Participate in local service development, keeping abreast of changes and developments in services
* Working with manual computerised systems, the post holder will at all times, need to be fully aware of responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 2018 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems.
* 5 GCSEs A-C grades or equivalent
* Customer Service qualification
Skills; Experience and Attitude
* Experience of working in a busy and complex customer focussed environment where interpersonal communications and query resolution has been key
* High level of IT competency in standard MS Office applications with the ability to demonstrate aptitude to learn how to use other systems confidently
* Ability to embrace new challenges and adapt to change
* Ability to present and record information in a clear and structured way.
* Flexibility around working hours to ensure continuity of service
* Ability to work under minimum supervision and resolve issues with customers in a calm and professional manner while ensuring that Council policy and statutory processes are adhered to.
* Experience of using one or more of the following systems, CIVICA Revenues and Benefits, Capita Open Housing (IBS), SI-DEM Conduent Parking system.
* To represent RBKC by wearing the Council Uniform.
* Awareness of the Data Protection Act 2018
* Experience of working with or supporting vulnerable adults.
* Experience of supporting customers to develop their IT skills such as using online application forms