EAL Teaching Assistant
EAL TA – ideally fluent in Portuguese - required for Secondary School in NewhamTradewind are recruiting! Are you a Graduate looking for to pursue a teaching career?Are you an experienced EAL practitioner?
Are you looking for a new role?
Are you looking to put your degree and certifications to use in a very rewarding atmosphere?If the above statements resonate with you then you’re in luck!Tradewind is currently recruiting for a Portuguese speaking EAL TA for a Mixed Comprehensive secondary school located in the heart of Newham.We are looking for:• An eager English as an Additional Language expert who’s looking to make a positive impact with students
• Someone who will follow direction well as they will be given tasks and targets from the Head of EAL.
• Someone who has a CELTA, TEFL, or equivalent EFL, EAL, or ESL qualification
• The role will be supporting Romanian students so the school is looking for a TA who is fluent in Portuguese and English
• A TA who is also fluent in Spanish would be advantageous although not essentialCandidates will be expected to:• Supervise students in the classroom
• Work with the Head of EAL to identify students that are struggling and create strategies to help raise their attainment
• Complete tasks given to you by teachers and your line manager
• Be open to working with students with special educational needs
• Is flexible and adaptable to take on tasks that are not necessarily attributed to being a Teaching AssistantThe school is located in the heart of Newham, within easy walking distance of Underground, DLR and National Rail stations. This role is a full time, long term role up until October half term in the first instance, with the view to extend for the right person.By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• FULL FREE Exam Invigilation Training
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultantsTo join us and be successful in this TA role you will need to provide the following:• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UKClick ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as EAL TA in Newham, Greater London. Or for more information about the role, contact Laura Zeuschner on (Apply online only) /We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer