Graduate Teaching Assistant needed - Eltham Secondary
Academy in Eltham need a graduate for a September startTradewind are recruiting! If you are currently looking to begin a career in education, then this may be the career for you!Tradewind is currently recruiting a graduate teaching assistant for a secondary Academy located in Eltham to work with mainstream students across Key stage 3, 4 and 5.The school works hard to make any staff, temporary or permanent, feel welcome and part of the family. Their belief is to have an innovative and creative learning environment in hopes to get students excited about education!We are looking for:• An eager graduate who’s looking to being making a positive difference with students
• Someone who will follow direction well as they will be given tasks and targets from the SENCO.
• Someone who has a passion for working with students and is ideally looking to become a teacher in the near future.Candidates will be expected to:• Supervise students in the classroom
• Complete tasks given to you by teachers and your line manager
• Do a homework club twice a week
• Be open to working with students with special educational needs
• Is flexible to take on tasks that are necessarily attributed to being a Teaching Assistant
• Who is punctualThe school is located a short walk from Falconwood Southeastern line train station – there are also various busses that drop you near the school.The school has recently been renovated which makes it an ideal learning environment for the students. The students are well behaved and the school always tends to perform very well on their yearend exams. Its grounds are very beautiful and I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time at this wonderful educational institution.By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultantsTo join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
• Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UKClick ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as Exam Invigilator position in Greenwich. or for more information about the role, contact Luke Watters on (Apply online only) /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer