Maths Academic Mentor - SW London
Maths Academic Mentor - Lambeth - September 2020 start - School Direct opportunity in 2021!! Maths Teaching Assistant - Aspiring Maths Teachers dream role!
*Ideal role for aspiring Maths Teachers*
>Maths Academic Mentor post / Maths Teaching Assistant
>Lambeth, South West London secondary school - can be reached via the northern line
>Maths graduates with a 2:1 or above in their degree classification
>Full-time, long term Maths Academic Mentor role (starting September)
>£70 - £90 per day dependent on experience. Interviews can be held remotely or in school
Are you an aspiring Maths Teacher? Perhaps you are seeking some classroom experience to support your UCAS application?
Our partner school are looking to appoint within their Maths department. The ideal Academic Mentor will be confident and able to adapt their styles of teaching to meet the needs of each individual student.
About the Academic Mentor role:
• Working alongside the experienced class teachers in the Maths department – observing their teaching techniques and behavioural management skills, building on your own
• Growing in confidence through working closely with mixed ability students throughout KS3-KS5 and allowing yourself to adapt your techniques to support the understanding of each student
• Working in 1:1 and small group intervention sessions
• Getting involved with extra-curricular activities
Having partnered with this school for many years, we have seen plenty of graduates gain a breadth of experience that springboards them on to their chosen teacher training course, with some continuing with the school and are now in middle management positions! For the Maths Academic Mentor that impresses, they will have the opportunity to enroll onto the school’s salaried teacher training programme come September 2021.
The successful Maths Academic Mentor will have the support of a great network of experienced teachers in the Maths department. You will also have your own personal mentor who you will be able to have weekly meetings with to celebrate successes as well as gain feedback on how to improve in your weaker areas.
• A 2:1 or above in your degree
• A-C GCSE’s in Maths and English
• A desire to teach and train as a Maths Teacher in the future
Do you believe that you are the perfect candidate for this Maths Academic Mentor opportunity? Would you make a great addition to this established secondary? If so, apply today! Send your CV to Nikki Webber at EduStaff now!.
Maths Academic Mentors, please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Maths Academic Mentor - Lambeth - September 2020 start - School Direct opportunity in 2021!! Maths Teaching Assistant - Aspiring Maths Teachers dream role