Maths teacherTradewind are recruiting! Are you looking for you next role teaching Maths in Southwark?We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Mathematics to join our experienced team. The successful candidate will be able to show the motivation and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets for the pupils they teach and be dedicated to providing a holistic education for our pupils. This position would suit either a Newly Qualified Teacher, or a more experienced colleague who would like to utilise, and further develop their leadership skills.In choosing successful candidates, the panel will be seeking outstanding classroom teachers with the ability to embrace and deliver the vision of the Trust,Salary: Competitive, Inner London, plus benefits
This client has high expectations of staff to work together to:
• Work towards and support the school vision and objectives outlined in the school development plan.
• Actively foster the ethos and values of the school.
• Build an expectation of high achievement for all.
• Support the pastoral care of students.
• Help to create the best environment to promote and secure the achievement of students and staff.
• Build an exceptional understanding of what outstanding provision looks like in their subject.
• Work with the school’s Health & Safety Policy to ensure a safe working environment for all.
• Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance and conduct.
• Uphold and enhance the school’s reputation by ensure positive, courteous relations with students, parents, colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Engage actively in CPD for self and colleagues.
• Be willing to go above and beyond expected levels of commitment to ensure the success of the school.
• Manage budget in line with areas of responsibility.
• Be proactive in ensuring appropriate allocation of resources, and evaluate against outcomes.
• Undertake other reasonable duties related to the role as required from time to time.
• Lead by example, providing inspiration and motivation, and embody for the staff, students, governors, parents and the wider community, the vision, purpose and leadership of the school.
• Take part in activities to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning within the school, proactively engaging with peer observations and focus upon the raising and maintaining of standards and expectations.
• Provide leadership that secures the delivery of high standards and attainment for all students and be responsible for the organisation, management and control of your classes.
• Encourage interaction and teamwork within the department, sharing ideas and new initiatives identifying new ways of teaching your subject area and contributing to wider CPD opportunities.
• Challenge staff under-performance at all levels and ensure corrective action and follow up.
• Plan, chair and organise meetings as appropriate and as scheduled.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and specific school-wide tasks as directed by the Principal.
Teaching and Learning
• Lead by example as a teacher, achieving high standards of pupil attainment and progress, behaviour and motivation through effective teaching.
• Provide highly effective teaching and learning opportunities within your subject area.
• Create a learning environment that is positive, affirming and supportive.
• Keep up to date with creative and innovative practices in teaching and learning, and use as appropriate.
• Lead the department, standards, target setting, assessment and reporting.
• Ensure that the students enjoy a safe and healthy environment in which standards of behaviour support learning and the social development of students.
• Develop successful and inclusive approaches to teaching, including supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities and of the more able.
• Achieve a harmonious and supportive community through effective relationships with staff and students.
• Provide regular, written feedback in the form of a learning dialogue to students and ensure that they are given opportunities to react and respond to this feedback.
Contact Leanne King at Tradewind Recruitment for more information.Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you’ll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer