Nursery Deputy Manager
Nursery Deputy Manager - Northwood
How would you like to join an ‘OUTSTANDING’ Montessori Nursery and help lead an experienced and truly dedicated passionate team?
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager. Our nursery is located in Northwood, ten minutes from Northwood or Northwood Hill tube station, having great public transport links and onsite parking.
Amazing benefit package includes a competitive salary of up to £28,000 per annum. All salaries are dependent on qualifications and experience.
Required for a Deputy Nursery Manager
*Montessori Qualification is desirable, Childcare Level 3-6, NVQ, CACHE, NNEB or Equivalent
*Early Childhood Studies Degree or Equivalent
*Clear Enhanced DBS check
*Deputy Management experience is essential
*Excellent communication, I.T and organisational skills
*Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Nursery Policy & Procedures
*The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
Staff Benefits -
*A competitive salary with Performance Related Bonus
*Annual Leave, with additional holiday for every full year of service
*Annual Leave on your birthday
*Two days sick pay, after three years of service
*A small reward for 100% attendance and punctuality
*Excellent in house training opportunity to gain further qualifications
*Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
*Two staff training day a year
*Two staff social events a year
Apply with your C.V
Please note that in order to be considered for this role you must be able to provide suitable references, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and be willing to complete a full enhanced DBS screening.
Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Experience: Management: 2 years (Preferred); Childcare: 6 years (Preferred)
Role Profile for Nursery Deputy Manager
OUTLINE: ensuring a high standard of quality care is provided for all children in the Nursery, supervise and support all personnel within the Nursery, the day to day management of the Nursery, keeping the Nursery a viable business.
Nursery Deputy Manager
Role Profile but not be limited to the following
OUTLINE: Overall management of the Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
HOURS: 40 Hours
SALARY: starting at £24,000 – £28,000
1. Overall management for the Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
2. Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery
3. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the manager.
4. Assist with ensuring that all staff complete hour sheets in preparation for payroll.
5. Assist the Manager in compiling, reviewing and amending policies and procedures for the Nursery
6. Assist the Manager in ensuring that all staff are aware of the policies and procedures and that they are implemented.
7. Assist with staff meetings and staff training days, even outside work hours.
8. Check Rotas, all staff in. Deal with any lateness or absences by completing relevant forms and file and if needed arranging staff cover
9. Check register, staff signing in and all the children are signed in.
10. Check the daily diary noting all messages etc, ensuring that these are being carried out by seniors.
11. Check that rotas have been filled in and that health and safety has been carried out.
12. Check planning in and outdoors, lesson plans, ensure that daily activities, Observations and Presentations are being carried out according to EYFS.
13. Check that the cooking has been organised.
14. Supervise staff with their daily roles .
15. Ensure that displays, role play area are being done.
16. Be responsible for providing appropriate training courses for staff, whether in house, at college or through the local borough.
17. Responsible for being informed and up to date with all current training schedules and legal requirements for childcare settings.
18. To be involved in the planning of the curriculum for the children using all relevant government documentation, such as Foundation Stage Curriculum including SEND
19. Assist the Manager with staff appraisals and other staff meetings
20. Assisting the Manager with job applications, job interviews, selection process and induction adhering to safer recruitment policies.
21. Assisting the manager with helping to maintain a high standard of written work, reports, observations, by the staff
22. Assist the manager with the Quality assurance scheme, Quality Counts, ensuring that all efforts are made to achieve this goal.
23. Liase and support all parents/carers with any concerns.
24. Assist with promoting and implementing an environment that provides Equal Opportunities and is non-bias and anti discriminatory.
25. To work with and support parents, staff and children with special needs
26. At all times the Deputy Manager must display a high level of enthusiasm, loyalty and motivation and must adhere to the correct policies and ethos of Woodlodge. They must promote equal opportunities for all. They must at all times promote the good name of Woodlodge. They must ensure their appearance is neat and tidy at all times, is appropriate for their status and that they abide by the correct dress code. They must be a role model of good practice.
27. Ensure there is a contingency plan for all unplanned events, emergencies or extraordinary weather conditions. The Deputy Manager must support the efficient and organised administration of nursery matters. They must support and assist the Manager in maintaining the organisation of the running of the nursery and be well conversant with the policies and procedures of Woodlodge. They must ensure sensible employment of the staff throughout the day, by way of staff rotas. They must be able to ensure staff ratios and the supply of bank staff to cover holidays and sickness where applicable. They must ensure efficient financial use of all resources including staff and cover staff