Nursery Manager - Northwood
How would you like to join an ‘OUTSTANDING’ Montessori Nursery and lead an experienced and truly dedicated passionate team?
We are looking to recruit a Nursery Manager. Our nursery is located in Northwood, ten minutes from Northwood or Northwood Hill tube station, having great public transport links and onsite parking.
Amazing benefit package includes a competitive salary of up to £38,000 per annum. All salaries are dependent on qualifications and experience.
*Montessori Qualification is desirable, Childcare Level 5 or 6, NVQ, CACHE, NNEB or Equivalent
*Early Childhood Studies Degree or Equivalent
*Clear Enhanced DBS check
*Management experience is essential
*Excellent communication, I.T and organisational skills
*Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Nursery Policy & Procedures
*The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
Staff Benefits -
*A competitive salary with Performance Related Bonus
*Annual Leave, with additional holiday for every full year of service
*Annual Leave on your birthday
*Two days sick pay, after three years of service
*A small reward for 100% attendance and punctuality
*Excellent in house training opportunity to gain further qualifications
*Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
*Two staff training day a year
*Two staff social events a year
Apply with your C.V
Please note that in order to be considered for this role you must be able to provide suitable references, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and be willing to complete a full enhanced DBS screening.
Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Experience: Management: 2 years (Preferred); Childcare: 5 years (Preferred)
Role Profile for Nursery Manager
OUTLINE: ensuring a high standard of quality care is provided for all children in the Nursery, supervise and support all personnel within the Nursery, the day to day management of the Nursery, keeping the Nursery a viable business.
1. Following Government and Ofsted requirements using the EYFS document as guidance.
2. Ensuring that the Montessori ethos is followed and maintained in all aspects of the Nursery.
3. Creating, implementing, updating all Policies and Procedures and operational plan of the Nursery.
4. Being aware of all current legislation and implementing them in the Nursery.
5. Work in partnership with the leadership team to set achievable goals, helping to ensure the smooth running of the nursery, and completing administrative tasks on time and to a high standard.
6. Support all Room Leaders/seniors in delivering a broad and balanced curriculum and establish workable routines using clear expectations.
7. Role model and monitor the delivery of rich play learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
8. Being involved in the employment, termination, supervision, support and deployment of all Nursery personnel at a long term and day-to-day level, at all times adhering to good practice guidelines and Policies and Procedures.
9. Ensuring that employees have the appropriate qualifications for the post and the correct balance of staff to ensure that teaching is delivered.
10. Holding seminars, staff meetings and relevant training sessions for personnel to ensure they are updated with current practice.
11. Ensuring staff access appropriate training.
12. Reviewing and reflecting over the current practice and maintaining the Nursery as a high quality setting.
13. Liasing with Local Authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery and taking part in Committees and action groups within the local community and local EY.
14. Maintaining a good level of contact with local colleges, regarding training current personnel and taking on trainees.
15. To plan and implement the training strategy for students, apprentices, and staff.
16. To formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum that is suitable to the age range of children.
17. Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual, and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
18. Promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the day nursery.
19. Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual, and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
20. Attend monthly staff meetings, internal management meetings and training sessions outside working hours
21. Liasing with parents and carers and evaluating feedback to ensure that the Nursery is delivering its promise.
22. Oversee the upkeep of the building and maintain the equipment, resources, fixtures and fittings.
23. Managing and working within budgets. Reviewing, reflecting & reporting on these & liaising with the Nursery’s financial body.
24. Being informed and up to date with the company legal team with regards to employment laws.
25. Giving regular feedback to proprietor, recording & keeping proprietor informed of all significant events and changes.
26. Being responsible for all administrative duties associated with management of the Nursery i.e. keeping records on personnel, children, ordering equipment or ensuring that administrative staff are doing so.
27. Develop strategies and approaches, in partnership with the Directors, Operations Manager and Deputy Manager, working with them to implement them across the setting.
28. Navigate difficult and challenging situations and mediate to find solutions.
29. Maintain professional conduct at all times and respect the need for confidentiality