Teaching Assistant - Merton
Secondary school in Merton – South West London are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant - Full time, Monday to Friday starting after the May Half termAn Ofsted rated “good” secondary school located in Merton are looking for a motivated Teaching Assistant, who can work with children on a one to one basis and in small groups.The school highly values the importance of academic knowledge and are wanting to recruit someone who shares this ethos.You will be working alongside the teachers and other teaching assistants to support children in their attainment and progress.You will need to support children's learning up to GCSE level, be adaptable accordingly to the needs of the individual children, and make observations and carry out interventions instructed by the teacher to improve progress.Key skills and experience needed:
Must hold a high-level degree
Experience working with children.
Contribute an enthusiastic and creative approach to learning.
Support with the delivery of the curriculum.
High levels of professionalismThis secondary school believes that every student has the potential to succeed and that all obstacles can be overcome with persistence and support. They prepare all their students throughout Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 with the expectation that students will move on to high-level apprenticeships, universities including those from the Russell Group, and successful careers.By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultantsTo join us and be successful in this Secondary Teaching Assistant role in Merton you will need to:• Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UKClick ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as Secondary Teaching Assistant in Merton, Greater London. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on (Apply online only) /We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer