Cost EngineerProvision of a pro-active cost engineering service to commercial proposals and projects throughout project lifecycle and in accordance with Company procedures and systems, including but not limited to:
• Setting up cost management arrangements including project structures, cost capture & recording codes.
• Manage project ACWP including timebooking, subcontract invoicing & payments, service entries, receipting & accruals, journal requests as required.
• Manage project EAC against baseline budget/control estimate including ETC update, commitments, trending & performance analysis, SPI/CPI.
• Collate & prepare applications for payment in accordance with specific contract terms.
• Prepare cost & sales analysis for monthly reports
• Prepare and input into project detailed cost reports as per project categorisation criteria and requirements.
• Prepare detailed financial cost reports & forecasts as required.
• Monitor and control of change.
• Support the PM / Financial Controller in the production and analysis of cost/sale performance.
• Support the PM to assess the outturn costs / sales.
• Contribute to the identification of project risks and the quantification of financial impact.
CNL Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 5 years cost engineering experience in an appropriate sector (nuclear, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering).Qualifications
• Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Project Controls or associated project or accounting discipline
• Sound knowledge of recognised project management and controls principles including Earned Value Management.
• Sound knowledge of project financial/accounting software, ideally SAP
• Good knowledge of the uses of commercial scheduling and estimating software.Competence (see note 1)
• Fully competent in cost engineering in accordance with the requirements defined in the Cost Engineer role description.
• Knowledgeable in the following competencies to a sufficient level to be able to understand and describe the key requirements for all categories of project.
Project Categorisation Scheduling Project Management Plan Change Control Budgeting & Cost Management Earned Value Management