Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer - Peterborough
Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer - PeterboroughOur client, a globally recognised diesel engine manufacturer, based in Peterborough has just made available an initial 12-month contract opportunity for an Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer to join their team.An opening has become available for an Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer to join the Product Development team in the team working on our 2.8 to 7.1 range of engines. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out performance and emissions development work that will make significant contributions to the NPI programs for these engines.This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the performance and emissions development of diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications. You will also be responsible for participating in, and where appropriate leading, prompt and robust RCCA identification and implementation when issues arise.Key Responsibilities of the Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer* Create detailed test planning, execution of testing activities, analysis of results, and documentation with clear recommendations for the relevant process partners.
* Engine performance and ratings development work.
* Development of electronic engine calibration maps that will be utilised in the engine control software. You will be responsible for conducting engine system and rating calibration development for Tier 4 Final / Stage V engines to meet customer performance expectations and all emission regulations, troubleshooting issues identified in production test, verification and validation testing, field testing and customer raised concerns
* Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers; and develop and maintain keen understanding of internal and external customers’ needQualifications and Experience required for the Engine Calibration / Performance Engineer roleRequired:* Engineering degree
* Proven analytical skills.
* Previous experience in engine performance and emissions development for CI or SI engines.
* Specific experience with the development of electronically controlled engines
* Technical mindset and ability to communicate technical information effectively.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate to a range of stakeholders including internal process partners, customers and suppliersTo apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately