Fixed term contract until March 2019The roleNorth Tyneside Business Centre is a Council-owned multi-let office building in North Shields, with a number of small businesses located there. The building sees many visitors and there is also a conferencing and meeting hire facility. The Council owns a number of similar buildings in close proximity..An experienced and dynamic receptionist is required, who will act as a friendly, welcoming face of the Business Centre. You must have excellent customer care skills and a good understanding of Information Technology,. There is also an opportunity to considerably grow the conferencing facility.LocationThis role will be based in the North Tyneside Business Centre, on Saville Street in North Shields and sit’s within Capita’s Strategic Property Team However, travelling may be required to other Capita or Client offices on rare occasions.Key Responsibilities* To operate the reception desk at North Shields Business Centre
* To greet visitors, direct them to the appropriate office/business, and ensure all visitors are signed into the building.
* To take phone calls and messages.
* To manage the conference and meeting room hire facility, to take bookings and ensure that the rooms are set up and all supplies are ordered and available.
* To produce marketing materials and promote the conferencing facilities to existing tenants and the wider public.
* To keep property particulars up to date and uploaded onto our website.
* To assist the Principal Estates Surveyor and Facilities Co-Ordinator in budget monitoring of Service Charges and accounting.
* To use the Business Management System to place purchase orders.
* To manage property management files and documentation relating to the NT Business Centre and other buildings within the Portfolio.
* To assist the Facilities Coordinator in any other reasonable tasks to ensure the smooth running of the building.
* To assist the Principal Estates Surveyor and Systems Support Manager in respect of wider Strategic Property tasks where necessary.
* To work collectively as part of the team to ensure the overall management of the premises and to report against key performance indicators.
* Any other relevant duties as appropriate to this job outline and the grade of the post.Essential Experience/Skills* Previous experience of working on a busy reception desk
* Telephony skills
* IT Literate on basic programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
* Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressureDesirable Experience/Skills* Experience of raising and understanding of Purchase Orders and Service Charge monitoring
* Experience of marketing
* Experience of working in a property management/estates officePersonal Attributes* Strong customer service skills
* Willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to assist tenants and customersExpected BehavioursAs part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:* Lead by example;
* Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
* Be open and honest;
* Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
* Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
* Focus on solutions rather than problems.Remuneration Package* 37.5 hours a week
* 23 days holiday
* The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant qualifications.
* Access to many Capita Group benefits including, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapitaCapita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check