As an experienced Test Engineer, you will be working with an aftertreatment team to run various testing on aftertreatment systems in an AVL dynamometer testing environment for a leading diesel engine manufacturer
This role is 100% on-site. The Client will provide 4-5 weeks training and you will be paired with a mentor.
Test Engineer Role:
* This role is hands-on, you will be given the opportunity to carry out testing and support operators in equipment installation and trouble shooting.
* Develop new and manage existing test procedures for both standard and non-standard tasks.
* Troubleshoot test cell issues including hardware, test sequence and scripting, instructions and test procedures and provide both short- and long-term solutions.
* Analyse test data for test quality and identify issues with the test related to either equipment or software.
* Oversee the operation of the test cell and provide support to the test cell operator and facilities team when necessary.
* Ensure engine, aftertreatment and associated hardware is available and set-up correctly for each test.
* Interpret test requests for diesel engine and aftertreatment development testing in engine dynamometer test cells, write test instructions, prepare necessary test scripts and logging files.
Test Engineer Requirements:
* 2 -3 Years or previous experience in AVL dynamometer testing environment preferred.
* Previous experience with multiple applications, including Microsoft applications.
* Methodical and data-based approach to problem solving, Strong team working skills and communication skills.
* Proven attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently.
* Need to work in a team environment.
* Knowledge of Diesel engine and/or Aftertreatment architecture an advantage but not essential.
* Must be a team player.
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must be able to prioritise.
* Graduates are also accepted.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility.
In order to apply for this position, we require your National Insurance number and date of birth. Please include this information with your application