Senior Design Engineer – Rail - Multi-disciplinary
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer – Rail - Multi-disciplinary
Contract dates: 10/08/20
Length of Contract 6 months
Project: Transpennine Route Upgrade
1. Provide support to Design Director.
2. Provide support Engineering Director (and team) as required.
3. Provide peer support and challenge to Design Package Managers and design teams within Projects.
4. Establish and champion sharing of best practice and processes between design teams working within Projects.
5. Forecast and secure appropriate design resources from within parent organisations and design supply chain partners.
6. Provide support to the Bid Team during preparation of Section Proposals (consistency / peer review / challenge).
7. Promote collaborative ethos throughout the design function in line with the Transpire Charter.
KEY ORGANISTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
* Interface with Design Package Managers, Engineering Managers and team leaders within Projects.
* Interface with Design-Survey Coordination team and Bid team.
* Interface with Design Supply Chain Partners.
KEY SKILLS ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE
* Multi-disciplinary Design and Design Management background
* Connected within parent organisation to enable deployment of appropriate resources/tools to enable efficient design delivery
* Good with dealing with people at all levels