SQL DBA - Contract - £400 - £500 per day - Manchester
SQL DBA – Contract - £400 - £500 per day – Manchester
An experienced SQL Engineer / SQL DBA / SQL Consultant is required to work for a leading organisation, for an initial short-term period, to work and support several ongoing and new projects at their head office in Manchester.
The Senior SQL Database Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of SQL Server infrastructure in order to minimise day to day housekeeping and maximise system availability.
- Support multiple Business Areas with the management, maintenance and monitoring of the core SQL server infrastructure
- Ensure reliable performance and availability of the SQL server infrastructure including managing both ad-hoc and scheduled change requests
- Provide crucial support to the Service Management and Delivery Team
- Ensure change management and configuration updates is handled as per defined process
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience of providing DBA & Support at a senior level
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server Clustering / GEO – Clustering / Always On
- Data Management, Warehouse, ETL and Cube processing
- Writing scripts, Log Shipping, producing reports, performance tuning, automated back-ups, security, etc.
- SQL within the Azure platform – IaaS and PaaS
- Strong availability and disaster recovery experience
- Be a SQL SME with a Microsoft Certification in SQL
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Matt Hudson, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ‘VIQU IT Recruitment’ on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK