Health and Safety Officer
Operate as a member of the unit team, offering constructive challenge, specialist advice and the highest professional standards
• Undertake projects as directed by the line manager
• Proactively collaborate with internal and external partners
• Keep abreast of current developments relevant to the department
• Actively participate in on-going training and development activity and the Personal Development Review process
• Serve on College committees, as required
• Respect the confidentiality of matters relating to other members of staff
• Exercise a duty of care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions
• Promote and encourage Equality & Diversity in all aspects of Departmental operations
• Understand and comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act
RoSPA Accredited Assessor
Experience & Knowledge
(Evidence will be sought from Section 8 of the “Application for Employment” form and by interview questions).
Detailed knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and issues.
An understanding of the range of duties on employers arising from Civil and Statutory Law.
Experience of undertaking Health and Safety Inspections.
Experience of Fire Safety Management
Experience of working within an Educational environment
(Evidence will be sought as part of the interview process)
Ability to prepare and present accurate management information reports.
Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
Good observation skills and an ability to comprehend difficult and complex situations.
Ability to work as part of a team and to develop and sustain good working relationships both internally and externally
Ability to use own initiative to solve practical problems without supervision.Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age