The Science and Technology Facilities Council based on the outskirts of Oxfordshire is on the look for a Helpdesk / Support candidate to join the team on a contract basis (5 / 6 months). This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) to start as soon as possible.
*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO OBTAIN A DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND IF YOU ARE OFFERED THE ROLE.The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can think on their feet and has strong administration experience. This is a customer facing role with occasional requirement to cover reception during lunch breaks / sickness / holiday. This role offers plenty of variety in the day and needs a flexible approach from the applicants. Someone with a facilities management (or similar) background would be idea but this isn't a mandatory requirement.Key Accountabilities:* To operate within a team of operatives to deliver a virtual national FM helpdesk function on the RAL site.
* Ensure both planned and reactive activities are received by phone or email and recorded in the Pirana helpdesk software to be monitored and completed against SLA's and KPI's.
* Front line support/cover Reception cover as necessary.
* Work effectively using own initiative when unsupervised.Corporate Responsibilities:* Provide a proactive, professional and effective service to ensure the integrity of data and triage service and that all requests submitted and recorded and appropriately actioned.Role ResponsibilitiesThe primary duties will include:
* Planned activities: Reporting and job allocation
* Reactive activities: First line triage service request and job allocation
* Performance activity: Support level for analysis of in-house and outsourced jobs through the Helpdesk
* Support level for the RAL Reception as required.
* Triage incoming service requests and direct to the appropriate in-house service delivery team or supplier
* To undertake appropriate training in the CAFM system, associated processes and customer focused service delivery.
* Taking calls for the Helpdesk and lead first contact point service resolution
* Act as first point of contact for service complaints in accordance with Estates quality assurance process
* Utilising the processes and equipment available to produce completed work to each individual customer's specific requirements.
* Adhere to all departmental procedures and Standing Instructions.
* Provide more general support for Estates and Operations team when there is a need to assist as necessary.
* Undertake functions and duties for the Estates and FM division as determined by the Business Support Manager.Qualifications
* GCSE (or equivalent) English & MathematicsKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
* Helpdesk experience and customer service
* Experience of dealing professionally and politely with members of the public.
* Must be able to work well within a team and with minimum of supervision.
* Must be able to interpret and act upon instructions from Line Manager.
* Must be literate and numerate.
* Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse backgrounds.
* Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Standard Microsoft Applications including ExcelPersonal Skills and QualitiesEssential
* An enthusiastic, mature, responsible, flexible and keen approach to work
* Honest with high integrity, respecting confidentiality at all times.
* Good observation and memory skills.
* Smart appearance.
? Excellent customer service skills and tolerance of all types of people
? Calm and quick thinking under pressure.Special RequirementsEssential
* Professional and welcoming manner.
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Word / Outlook.
* Experience in a customer facing role
* Maturity and confidence to effectively resolve difficult situations
* Reliable and punctualIf you believe this role is right for you, please send your CV to Jess : or apply following the link