Resource Manager – Chesterfield
Resource Manager – ChesterfieldThis role is accountable to the Technology Head of Resource management for capturing resource and skills demand from the Business IT Directors and working with hiring managers and our resource suppliers to meet demand.Responsibilities include meeting with the Portfolio Directors and other hiring managers to review demand and ensure accurate templates and forecasts are maintained, reviewing allocation and utilisation of resources, carrying out reporting processes within the defined reporting cycle for the Resource Governance forums. The position also leads the contractor invoicing checks from the Technology Resourcing Framework suppliers and managing the resource request process for Technology. In addition, the role is also responsible for managing a variety of resource related projects throughout the year including the current Apprentice programme.Key Responsibilities* Manage day-to-day planning and resource management approach for the Technology portfolio to ensure that it is in line with the headcount authority and capital investment programmes.
* Manage analysis of Technology resource prioritisation and project outlook to ensure that good resource management practice is embedded and timely upward reporting is focused on the right exceptions and escalations.
* Challenging Directors and Portfolio Managers to ensure existing permanent & contract resource is being fully utilised
* Provide support for time reporting including chasing missing time reports, sending reminders liaising with Finance to reconcile monthly submissions and providing reporting for senior stakeholders
* Manage continuous improvement and skills transfer processes to embed lessons learnt for Resource management
* Develop key Resource Management communications and reports to support monthly reporting and governance cycles
* Manage supplier relationships within the technology resourcing framework (TRF)Experience* Strong influencing skills, this will include the ability to influence a wide range of different stakeholders including technical experts and business subject matter experts.
* Have an understanding of roles that sit within Technology I.E. Solution Architects, Business Solutions Lead, Technical Architects.
* Strong communication skills
* Good leadership skills, particularly to support effective resource interventions
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, to review Technology programme and project status and outlook
* Knowledge of financial and resource modelling appraisal tools and techniques
* Excellent planning skills to operate portfolio-level planning process and provide critical programme/project resource planning support
* Strong knowledge and experience working with external suppliers and be able to liaise with external agencies
* Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, with good working knowledge of other MS products including Visio
* Excellent degree of flexibility and adaptability and the ability to deal with ambiguity6 month contract with a very good day rateMC12111If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now