A Mainframe Database Administrator/Architect is required to support existing BAU team with the support of ADABAS/Natural databases/programming language, This includes production environment and related functions in Hendon Data Centre. Databases on Mainframe (Administration of ADABAS, Natural Predict on Mainframe on BS2000 Fujitsu platform).
Essential skills and experience
* Extensive experience in the use of database technologies Adabas/ Natural/ Predict and the manipulation tools/techniques that these encompass.
* Knowledge/experience of Natural Administration on Mainframe.
* Extensive Knowledge/Experience in ADABAS database administration on Mainframe.
* Knowledge/experience of managing of Natural objects.
* Demonstrable ability in the design of technical solutions for Database implementation by a third party within the last two years.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
* An understanding of Police database systems and the complexities around the need for fast resolution of incidents and comprehensive investigations in an escalating environment.
* Knowledge of Mainframe Computing – Unix/Linux/Windows.
* Knowledge/experience in the design, configuration, migration and upgrade of databases as part of a large project.
* Previous use of ITIL methodology for BAU activities.
Based in Hendon (North West London) 5 days per week.
SC or ability to be SC cleared and may require NPPV3