Senior Test Engineer
Role: Senior Test EngineerPay: £350 - £450 per dayContract: 6 Month ContractLocation: Central LondonPrimary role purpose:We are looking for a motivated, passionate, and professional individual to join our Test and Verification Services team as a Senior Test Engineer.JOB REQUIREMENTSKey Responsibilities:* Responsible for the execution, analysis, and delivery of reports for System and Acceptance testing campaigns.
* Produce concise technical and analysis reports from testing.
* Effectively communicate results from testing activities to management.
* Attend meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
* Developing, and improving, test procedures and test processes.
* Plan and act as focal point for test campaigns.
* Identify and raise defects, for escalation to the relevant parties, including sufficient information to reproduce the defect.
* Identify required configurations and changes to configurations to support test campaigns.
* Contribute to the development of test automation tools.
* Translate manual test procedures into automated test scripts.
* Perform data analysis on both lab and flight test results.Essential Knowledge and Skills:Technical Skills:* Previous related work experience and a degree in a relevant technical subject (Engineering/Physics/Computing/Networking/etc.).
* Previous experience in testing and/or fault analysis.
* Understanding of OO Principles (Java, C++) and Scripting Languages (Python)
* Have in-depth knowledge of networking concepts (TCP-IP/DNS/DHCP/Network Routing/ICMP).
* Good experience in API testing (Unit, Functional, Load Testing etc.)Personal Skills:* Communicate effectively, with excellent spoken and written English.
* Produce clear, well-structured documentation.
* Work well within a team.
* Able to work autonomously and have a good eye for detail.
* Comfortable travelling alone and interfacing with our international customers.
* Be flexible and have the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
* Diligently focus on and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
* Able to identify and systematically analyse problems/issues/bugs.
* The ability to independently manage and prioritise their own tasks.
* Good technical writing skills.Desirable Knowledge and Skills:* Experience using test management packages (JIRA).
* Good knowledge of test automation software (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin)
* Quality Assurance and Project Management experience would be advantageous.
* Have experience testing user interfaces (UI/UX).
* Have experience in testing within satellite systems, or telecommunication networks.If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion."Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow