As a Splunk Specialist within the group you will:* Work with EUS application development teams, architects and engineers within the group to understand the functional and non-functional requirements of a given project/application or infrastructure to develop a forward-looking technology strategy that aligns to our overall target state architecture.
* Ensure that our solution architectures align to the GTI Strategy and Multi-year plan
* Collaborate closely with teams participating in strategic planning, facilitating cross-team solution reviews and communicating strategy direction.
* Share accountability with teams for delivering our target state architecture.
* Partner with internal GTI experts from the Service Towers in review of any edge case design or new product requirements
* Maintain an effective technical network across GTI, knowing the 'Go-To' SMEs and architects in multiple service areas
* Good written and oral skills, ability to document and influencePrimary responsibilities:* Working with operational teams around the firm to help them gain insights into their systems and application usage.
* Working with teams to help assist them with troubleshooting and correlating problems within their infrastructure by helping them collate logs and search for correlations and anomalies.
* Working with operational teams to help Develop reports and dashboards for clients within the splunk platform
* Work with teams to help them create alerts to manage their issues
* Collaborate with teams to provide reports and dashboards to teams to gain them insight into their usage metrics
* Developing better data models and index strategies to provide well performing queriesQualifications* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 10 years within solutions engineering experience
* Splunk certified or advanced splunk experience in designing, developing, deploying and supporting large Splunk environments.
* Strong Linux experience
* Proficiency in Python, PERL, Shell scripting and macros
* Technical problem-solving skills
* Overall IT experience in a Client-Server environment, with practical knowledge of distributed, and desktop technologies
* Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
* Practical experience operating in an Agile development environment (Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence)Any experience in these technologies would be a plus:* Virtual desktop infrastructure
* DevOps implementation experience (Ansible, Orchestration Automation, Jenkins)
* Collaboration technologies such as SharePoint, Slack, and Microsoft ExchangeNetworkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application