Head of Cyber Operations
A well respected engineering organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Head of Cyber Operations to join their dedicated team of IT Professionals. The role is based in Preston and is for an initial 3 month duration. There is a rate of £800 Ltd Per Day on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the role description below:
My client is currently looking to bring in a Head of Cyber Operations to work in the new Security Operations Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to be a part of the team from the very beginning & grow/develop within the IT Security team. You will play a leadership role in day to day duties, being responsible for managing the team from both a technical & people management perspective. You will support the OCIO and Shared Services with the definition and implementation of the respective IT Security strategies and priorities, including Security Culture, Leadership Framework, Risk Management, Cyber Defense and Assessments
Define, develop, and establish the Cyber Operations team and specifically the Security Operations Centre (SOC) on a strategic, operational and tactical level, to deliver a protective monitoring capability, as part of a global operating model
* Provide continuous evolution of capabilities for the Cyber Operations team that will require international travel
* Ensure effective collaboration with the US based Global Security Operation Centre (GSOC) as part of the agreed operating model
* Support in the establishing of an additional SOC in Australia
* Utilise experience and expertise to choose and enhance the people, process and technologies/tools to be used within the Cyber Operations team.
* Ensure designed processes and policies within Cyber Operations are implemented, operationally effective and adhered to, incorporating Incident Response, Business Continuity & Crisis Management
* Responsibility for and first point of call for all identified cybersecurity threats, with experience performing triage and remediation of incidents
* Manage security event monitoring, management and remediation as required
* Certify compliance to the policy, process and procedure within Cyber Operations Team
* Continuously develop and improve the Cyber Operations procedures and structure in regard to dealing with incidents.
* Lead, train, mentor and guide Cyber Operations team members in all things Security Operations covering the SOC, Incident Response and Threat Hunting as core responsibilities
* Responsible for the creation of reports, dashboards and working metrics to be used within the Cyber Operations team
* Provide key Cyber intelligence to the business on a proactive and reactive basis
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn