Contract Mechanical Design Engineer (Solid Edge)
The PersonThis is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Mechanical Engineer with a genuine Passion for mechanical design and development and thirst for automotive design. You will be a forward thinking individual with imaginative and innovative mentality. You will have an appetite for bringing new ideas to the table and demonstrate a love of tackling difficult engineering projects and delivering solutions.The suitable candidate will also have experience of the following:* Design of automotive chassis, mechanical components.
* The generation and verification of design documents. (Assembly drawings, detail drawings, parts lists)
* The Evaluation technical requirements and providing viable solutions.
* Presentation of design solutions at internal and external customer design review meetingsThe RoleAs a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work closely with program managers to take projects from initial concept, right through to completion. This includes working from coming up with the concept design (developing layout, geometric tolerancing, scale, material selection, and design calculations)Technical Skills and Qualifications* Apprentice trained in mechanical or mechatronic engineering discipline and 3 years post apprenticeship design experience.
* HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline and 3 years post graduate design experience.
* Proficient in the use of Solid Edge 3D design software