Information Governance Specialist
We're currently looking for an Information Governance Specialist for the one of the UK's largest public sector departments on a new 12 month contract based in Leeds and paying £26p/h inside IR35.
• Up-to-date extensive working knowledge and understanding of IG best practice, standards, law and legislation.
• Working knowledge of IG terminology and the application of IG to large scale information systems e.g. Privacy by Design and Data Protection Impact Assessments and transparency requirements.
• Working knowledge of other relevant legislation including the Health and Social Care Act 2012, NHS Act 2006.
• Working knowledge of the role of transparency and its application to the publication and use of relevant information.
• Working knowledge of principles and best practices of records management.
• Working knowledge of the principles of effective risk and issues management.
• Sound understanding of public sector governance and ethics in relation to how public sector organisations operate and how personal data is obtained, used and shared.
• Good understanding of the public interest and its application in relation to information requests.
• Understanding of the requirements of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
• Understanding of different stakeholder perspectives including the public perspectives.
• Awareness of project management methodologies.
• Awareness of data security requirements in the handling of data.
• Educated to Postgraduate, Diploma level (in a relevant subject) or equivalent experience within a professional information Governance work environment.
• And, specialist accredited qualifications in at least one of the following: GDPR 2016, DPA 2018 and FOI Act 2000 at practitioner level or equivalent e.g. (but not limited to) BCS, ISEB, PDP, IAPP qualifications.
• And, evidence of continuous learning and development e.g. IG related certificates/training/webinars/conferences/CPD/Civil Service-Learning e-learning.
• Advanced level user of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook) e.g. European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent experience.
• Training /certificate in ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and/or ISO 27001 Management Systems Standard for Information Security.
• Any other relevant IG qualifications