Experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant - Regulatory - City Law Firm - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
An interesting contract role for an experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant, in the Regulatory division of a popular City based law firm, has become immediately available due to expansion.
Please note we are looking for the following:
* Strong legal experience (min. 6 months - 1 year)
* Excellent A Level grades and degree - LPC / BPTC highly desirable
* Witness statement experience
* Experience with own caseloads
This Paralegal/ Legal Assistant role would suit ambitious and confident candidates with excellent academic grades, knowledge and experience of Regulatory law and experience of managing their own case loads in a fast-paced legal environment.
As well as outstanding research skills, you’ll also have some experience of preparing bundles for hearings and taking and preparing witness statements.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
Key responsibilities in the Experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant contract role include:
* Consideration of papers received on instruction
* Liaising and speaking with witnesses in order to take statements from them
* Drafting witness statements
* Obtaining documentary evidence
* Drafting case summaries and legal documents
* Client and witness liaison
* Preparing bundles for hearings
* Various administrative tasks
* Document management including using internal electronic systems to progress cases and provide update reports to clients
Key skills, experience and attributes required to be successful in these positions include:
* Graduate level, ideally 2.1 degree or above and excellent A Level results
* LPC or BPTC graduates
* Previous experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant
* Experience in Regulatory / Professional Discipline law is highly beneficial
* Experience of taking and preparing witness statements
* Experience of preparing bundles for hearings
* Experience and ability to manage own case loads
* Excellent research and administration skills and experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
* Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar and confident communication skills
* Fluent English is essential, Welsh language skills are highly desirable
* Highly organised, meticulous and ability to multi-task
* Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Interest and enthusiasm for law
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
* Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
Excellent working conditions, benefits and competitive salary are on offer.
Standard hours are 9.30am - 5.30pm
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this Paralegal / Legal Assistant position, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO - Experienced Paralegal / Legal Asst - Regulatory