One of our clients is looking for an analytical economist to join them in a forward thinking and socially significant project surrounding green transport and sustainable travel. They are a government body based in London and are looking for analytical economists to support in improving the analytical and modelling capabilities in developing and shaping policy that will be implemented in the future.
This is a 5 month initial contract and will pay £700 - £750/day Inside IR35.
We are one of the largest government bodies responsible for delivering essential services to communities across the country. We pride ourselves of delivering high quality and user focused solutions and work with a range of government bodies, partner organisations, service providers and regulators to ensure our work and services are universally applied.
As an Analytical Economist you will work with a team of analysts that provide advice and analytics to directorates and policy teams and assist in support of our organisational goals.
What will you do?
The main responsibilities of the Analytical Economist will be:
- You will take a strategic view of our current modelling capacity and analyse any gaps and priorities in support of a model development programme
- You will undertake an analysis of our Cost Benefit Framework and toolkit to ensure that our policies and directives can be delivered
- You will collect evidence and data on costs and their impacts and inputs and work with the wider analysis tool to develop tools to assist in making clear assessments and judgements
- You will deliver expertise and knowledge, working closely with the team to ensure models and tools developed will be developed effectively for the long term
The main skills and experience required to successfully undertake the Analytical Economist post are:
- Excellent understanding of economic, social, political, environmental and technological developments and impacts of scenario modelling
- The ability to apply economic tools and techniques, collate and synthesis evidence from numerous sources
- An in depth understanding of market functions and the ability to advise on the effects different policies would impact markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant statistics and modelling packages
What is on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to provide essential expertise towards improving our response towards climate change. This is a 6 month contract position Inside IR35 and the pay rate is £700 - £750/day