Summary of the work
Develop, introduce and help maintain DWP Data Governance Policy and Framework including standards and approach.
Review documents produced by Data Governance Team.
Provide DWP Data Governance Team with expert Data Governance advice and support including coaching the Team to build capability and improve performance,
Attend bi-weekly Data Governance workshop meetings.
What the specialist will work on
Working within the Data Governance Function (DGF), the specialist's work will include:
● Developing the Data Governance Policy, Standards and Approach to meet business requirements. Where gaps are identified, developing products that meet business requirements.
● Working on Data Governance pilot tests to address business issues, developing Frameworks and demonstrating the value of Data Governance.
● Working with stakeholders to embed Data Governance within the department.
● Advising on the technical and business aspects for strategic tooling solutions.
● Supporting the DWP Data Governance Team including mentoring & sharing expertise to build capability.
● Attending Data Governance Workshops and Meetings.
Provide examples of industry recognised enterprise architecture, data management or information security qualifications (e.g. CDMP, TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, CISM or equivalent).
Demonstrable experience of defining a data governance framework to include: metadata, data catalogues, data architecture, data modelling, data quality, data storage, data security and privacy, data sharing, integration and interoperability.
Demonstrable experience of working at DWP or a similar Government Department