Navigation Programme Manager - Central London - Contract
Navigation Programme ManagerCentral London6 month contract£900 per day LTD.Advantage resourcing are currently looking for a Programme Manager for a global space agency based in central London. It is an initial 6 month contract paying £900 per day LTD.You will be working on the GNSS project in order to undertake an Engineering Design and Development Phase (EDDP) which will deliver a number of outputs related to design options for the project. You will be will be part of a small team, supporting the Technical Director in the definition of the technical strategy, oversight of the technical activities and mentoring of the Authority technical team.Your Responsibilities:* Undertake system engineering and planning activities necessary to prepare for the implementation of a UK GNSS capability
* Provide technical inputs to support the preparation of a Business Case for the UK GNSS Capability
* Develop Authority procurement and industrialisation plans to ensure that the programme procurement and implementation is aligned with UK Government objectives and constraints
* Initiate critical development activities and early Long Lead Item procurements* Develop and maintain technical oversight strategy and plan.
* Collate top level engineering assumptions and risks from various UKGNSS technical specialists
* Review key programme technical documents.
* Chair and minute UK GNSS technical team programme reviews.
* Communicate and track actions from the UK GNSS technical team programme meetings.Essential Skills:* Bachelor's or master's Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
* A deep technical understanding of GNSS technologies across space/launch, system/ground and operations segments, the interoperability and trade off aspects across all technical areas of a GNSS system
* Extensive years of demonstrated navigation systems experience
* Extensive experience of the UK GNSS industry Sector
* Experience in technical programme management
* Experience of multiple stages of the system and product design lifecycles
* Experience of large system architecture design and logical design thinking
* An understanding of System Engineering principles and processes
* Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
* Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
* Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skillsThis is a high profile role with a deadline of Friday at 5.30. Please apply as soon as you can or for more detail on the position please call David Catterall on (phone number removed).Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy