This contract with our UK Central Government Client is INSIDE IR35 paying £800.00 per day for 8 months based in London.Candidates must already hold CTC or SC or DV clearance already.Thursday 25th April at 5pmDescription:Main Duties _ Responsibilities:Direct a team/ teams involved in the design and development of a programme/programmes of initiatives; Develop clear requirements for products and services to enable the delivery of the programme(s); Lead the delivery, implementation and planning of the projects and initiatives within their operational programme(s), delivering products and milestones as required; Ensure the programme(s)'s benefits are realised; Ensure that programmes are delivered on time and to budget; Lead, manage and develop their team in its contribution to the achievement of the departments objectives and provide clear direction and support in the development and delivery of its products; Ensure progress is monitored, risks identified and appropriate mitigation against non-delivery is invoked.The IPA International team is looking to recruit a maternity cover for the Programme Manager of this programme until the end of January 2020. The core role will involve programme managing the roll out of the programme.Main Duties and Responsibilities:1. Setting the programme strategy and direction in conjunction with International Team Head and FCO stakeholders.
2. Building relationships and liaising with government, agency and multilateral stakeholders in country to identify country needs and agree work scope.
3. Programme management, setting milestones and managing delivery of Phase 1 & 2 activities.
4. Contract Management – managing timeline and quality of contractor deliverables in country (3 work packages are about to be awarded)
5. Developing and making sure programme meeting milestones developed in Theory of Change model.
6. Ensure that programme meets Prosperity Fund objectives of reducing poverty, promoting inclusive growth and women’s empowerment, creating sustainable infrastructure, and generating secondary benefits for UK companies.
7. Start scoping of Phase 3 work and procurement of additional support where required and for Phase 3 work.
8. Development of strategy and communications materials for the overall programme.
9. Ensure the programme provides value for money and meets budgeting requirements.
10. Contribute to overall programme management activities, such as decision making, risk reviews, reporting and monitoring, and steering meetings.
11. Ensure programme activities are appropriately governed and assured.
12. Work collaboratively with other teams within the programme to ensure a robust operating model and optimisation of synergies.
13. Develop synergies with other Cross Whitehall programmes (such as sustainable development, climate change, inward investment etc.) and multilaterals.
14. Management of Project Manager to achieve the above.The IPA international team offers a unique platform to work at the highest levels of government around the world and make meaningful contributions to the way different countries develop their infrastructure programmes and accordingly offers exciting opportunities for a programme manager to broaden their experience, and develop new skills in a unique environment.
The role is likely to suit someone with(a) strong international development experience (i.e. delivering programmes in emerging economies) to complement the team that primarily has infrastructure and business planning experience(b) Programme management experiencec) Infrastructure/capital projects experienced) Capacity Building and Change Management experience to ensure change is delivered in the programme countries.Ideally the successful candidate will also have security clearance to CTC level or beyond.
The successful candidate will need a strong work ethic, a willingness to turn their hand to whatever is needed, and be a good team player.Qualifications, skills and experience:
• International development experience – working on programmes in emerging economies
• 10 years of experience working on programme/project management delivery
• Capacity building and Change Management experience
• Infrastructure/major projects experience
• Understanding of sustainability, inclusive growth, economic, and gender challenges
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high profile environments, and deliver to deadlines
• Strong stakeholder management, communication and team-working skills
• Good judgement and ability to understand complex issues quickly
It is understood that not all candidates will have all of the above, and we will be looking for the candidate with the overall best mix of experience and skills for the job.Thursday 25th April at 5pm