Corporate Actions Operations Associate
- Along with managing both upcoming and current events in order to ensure that these are set up within the International Central Securities Depositories (ICSDs), along with the ongoing management of these events and the recording of responses from Noteholders or ICSDs to any events and then providing these result back to the Issuer.
- Working with the wider Project teams in identifying the Market Requirements that are associated with this Migration and representing Issuer Services Operations at the working Groups, in order to ensure all actions are followed up and completed.
- This role will also require an oversight of our teams based in India on any events that they have processed, while also providing support on any queries that may arise from the teams.
- To complete these tasks, the individual will be responsible for maintenance of our internal trackers and logs, along with providing MI details to internal and external stakeholders.
From time to time there will be a requirement to also support other Corporate Action Events and activities that may arise and be launched for which ISV act as Common Depository within the ICSDs
- Reviewing of Event Documentation to ensure that the Operational Requirements of the ICSDs have been met and that as Common Depository we can support these.
- Setting up these events within the ISV systems to ensure that these are distributed accordingly to transaction parties including the ICSDs.
- Addressing any questions that may arise from the ICSDs and other stakeholders around the respective events that have been launched and ensure a timely response to these queries.
- Attending internal project working groups meetings around the migration from IBOR to Risk Free Rates and working with these stakeholders to completed any actions.
- Representing HSBC as Market Forums and Sub Working groups that have been established around the transition.
- Assisting with the processing of other forms of Corporate Actions events including but not limited to Puts, Conversions, Exchanges, Unwinds, Consent Solicitations, Note holder meetings, Events of Default, Credit Events, ELN Redemptions
- Updating and Maintaining Corporate Actions Logs and Trackers, while also monitoring all open events.
- Completion of Daily Reports to evidence completion of tasks and closure of events.
- Compiling and maintaining responsibility for weekly and ad-hoc MI reporting.
- Improve processes and controls through suggestions and awareness of risk impacts
- Establish and maintain operational relationships with peer group client contacts and London CSMs/TMs to ensure strong and efficient processes and open, honest dialogue.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with establishing and the running of Corporate Actions events (mandatory and voluntary) essential.
- Experience of Corporate Trust is preferable
- Experience with Euroclear Bank and Clearstream Banking is preferable
- Experience in attending and presenting at Market Forums.
- Strong communication & client service skills required to build and enhance client relationships.
- Knowledge of MT500 SWIFT including MT535, MT536, MT564, MT565, MT566 and MT567 messages relating to the securities markets.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively with minimum supervision.